• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well JC, look at the bright side of the label change...

14 posts in this topic

But you're ignoring the literal tidal wave of Franken-Books that will deluge the CGC offices soon after this change takes place. Dealers forced the change and they're ready to take advantage of this "blue label bonanza" in a NY minute.

That'll kill a few forests.

the color BLUE is now stigmatized!

BLUE = restoration.

gotta crack that unrestored action 1 out of its blue restored label.

and free it from the manipulative hands of the comic grading services.

ever wonder why you have never seen the mile high action 1 before?

the owner dosnt have it slabbed and never will and he is right! keep it raw!

MY point is this is all unfair to unrestored books. You restored guys can have your blue label no problem. I dont want to take that from you if you think the color purple is stigmatized.Take the blue,but i now dont want the color blue[which i know think is stigmatized buy restored books] on my unrestored books!

You want to close the gap in value between restored and unrestored books and that is not deserved. Outside of a tiny color touch or a dot of glue,restored books deserve the prices there getting[and im talking about the moderate restored and extensively restores books which are really the great benefactors of the switch

to the new blue restored color///

MY point is this is all unfair to unrestored books. You restored guys can have your blue label no problem. I dont want to take that from you if you think the color purple is stigmatized.Take the blue,but i now dont want the color blue[which i know think is stigmatized buy restored books] on my unrestored books!

You want to close the gap in value between restored and unrestored books and that is not deserved. Outside of a tiny color touch or a dot of glue,restored books deserve the prices there getting[and im talking about the moderate restored and extensively restores books which are really the great benefactors of the switch

to the new blue restored color///

Joe,

If you are arguing that label color doesn't matter for people who spend big money on comics, I think your buddy here is Exhibit A in the case against you.

I don't often agree with J.C. on things, that said, what is wrong with restored books retaining the purple lablel designation? I can't help but think this a decision purely designed to assist dealers market restored material. Further, why can't we choose another label color for conserved books? Why the attempt to present restored/conserved/unrestored books under one color label. Almost appears as if there is an attempt to provide some seamless connectivity. A first year marketing student could see through this 'sea of blue' and understand the concept of blending tiers. They should at the very least keep the purple for restored books.

If the dept of motor vehicals changes there rules to say.,,,,Lets not make traffic lights turn RED, lets make them SAY red[in big fat letters]...

whats going to happen?

Of course color is important,its simple,effective and it works in all aspects.