• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about a poly bagged comic book
1 1

6 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Introvertedgamer said:

So would it be better to preserve it under maybe PSA/DNA?

Isn't PSA/DNA for signed items?

First you have to identify which version it is.  I'm not sure which it is, but someone else here will know.  There are a few that look similar at the following mycomicshop link  https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=93961 

I think it is the one referred to as Spider-Man (1990) #1SILVERP, since there is no price on the comic itself:

You look up on eBay what they have sold for, and also asking prices, for various grades as a polybagged comic.  You form an opinion of that grade and value.  You also look up the same thing sold or being sold as CGC graded. 

If there is enough of a spread in value (raw value plus grading costs, compared to graded selling price), then you might get it graded.  Bear in mind that polybagged comics like to retain a crease down the middle from the bag seam.  It might press out, it might not.

If you only intend to keep it, not sell it, you might just store it in a nice rigid holder until a time when you decide to get it graded (maybe to sell, maybe to display, maybe as a gift, etc.)

28 minutes ago, Introvertedgamer said:

So would it be better to preserve it under maybe PSA/DNA?

I agree with Lightning55. Regardless of what you end up doing, my advice would be to get it out of that polybag as soon as possible and store the book in some form of archival bag and backing board. Polybags are notoriously poor in quality and as he mentioned can actually cause damage to the book...