• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool Lines Ebay Store - anyone have info?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all -

I was stumbling around Ebay and came across this guy's Ebay store:

Cool Lines Art Store

I see lots of interesting pieces (those Avengers splashes bring back some great memories), but many don't have photos listed. When I emailed twice for a photo of one of them, I didn't get a response. Just wondered if people know this seller or have any advice on how to get enough info to give him some money!

Thanks,

Dan

ps if there's been threads about this before, I apologize.

The guy never has photos or if he does, they're the size of a quarter.

I too have emailed him several times for pictures on pages he's relisted numerous times and never received a response. I've given up on them and never even look at their auctions anymore.

I wonder how some people make any money at all.

yes. the brothers grimm. have earned the title as most difficult / worse dealers to deal with in the art game. i won a page off ebay from them and it took six weeks to get the page after i paid thru paypal the same day the auction ended.

so unless your in no hurry to get your art. i would think very carefully about dealing with them thru the mail. the best way to deal with them is at a show. and even that is kinda hard 27_laughing.gif

larry ;]

They are guys in person. They haven't always listed their stuff without pictures. Three pieces on my gallery (Robert Plunkett at www.comicartfans.com Link: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=255 ) are from them, the L'il Abner and South Sea Girl in Comic Strips and the Superman Meets Popeye in sketchbook posts. However, I would never again buy anything from them if it wasn't right there ready to be taken away the second I paid my money. I forget how long it took to get the Superman, but they broke the record for the slowest on Ebay and I was genuinely surprised when it arrived. The other two were face-to-face and the art right there ready to grab.