• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice requested: Get CCS to press or find a third party presser to fix this? +pics

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, 
I recently purchased a 9.8Blue Marvel Team-Up #100 from 1980, it was graded back in 2016. Upon receiving this book I saw this pretty big crease, thank goodness it's not color breaking. My plan is to submit this to Chris Claremont (next time he has a signing) for signature and keep for my PC.

So my question is, do you guys think CCS can fix something like this before I get it signed and slabbed by CGC? Will they try to get the crease out or just give it a quick press and move on to the next? Or should I find a third party presser to add a bit of humidity and then press out this crease and then send to CGC?

tl:dr - how good are CCS pressers from your experience?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Kingsley

crease3.jpg

crease1.jpg

crease2.jpg

marvel#100.jpeg

Welcome to the board.

Crease?  No.

It's Printer crease (the right word is the printer wrinkle paper - pretty common manufacturing defect that won't affect the grade).

Do not open the case unless you have CGC facilitators or dealers.  Let them do their job and will handle the signatures.   Make sure the label is included after the book is signed and witnessed.

I cracked the cases many times but I always put the label in the bag/board before the books were signed/witnessed. I never lost the grade because of that.

I hope my answer helps.

1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

It's Printer crease (the right word is the printer wrinkle paper - pretty common manufacturing defect that won't affect the grade).

Printer's creases are creases that occur during production, and (as far as I'm aware) do not appear to impact a book's grade unless it's a 9.9 or 10.0 candidate.

I personally would not have someone try to press it out because of the risks involved...

Here's an older thread about them...hope it helps:

Oh, and welcome to the boards!

Edited by silverseeker
Added a welcome message. :-)