• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic covers featuring hippies! 😤
4 4

117 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, wisbyron said:

Actually not true. Mike Nesmith said on Gilbert Godfried's podcast a few years ago this was something he said in passing to see if the incredulous journalists with him were going to do their research. It's possible Nez is lying about that, but he went into some length explaining this and the motivation to this because, at that time, there was so much bad press against The Monkees.

ah, right.

3 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

Actually not true. Mike Nesmith said on Gilbert Godfried's podcast a few years ago this was something he said in passing to see if the incredulous journalists with him were going to do their research. It's possible Nez is lying about that, but he went into some length explaining this and the motivation to this because, at that time, there was so much bad press against The Monkees.

monkees sold 75 million records.
beatles 183 million
rolling stones 240 million

13 minutes ago, bluechip said:

My Love cover proof signed Stan Lee.jpg

Fine.  Dont let the door hitcha.

4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

At one time Hendrix opened for them...

later, they opened for Hendrix :roflmao:

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

At one time Hendrix opened for them...

Micky Dolenz saw Hendrix right before he hit it big and was like "you've got to check this guy out!". A few years ago I saw Micky Dolenz in NYC and he's going into what it was like and then he and his band goes into "Purple Haze" and they're doing it really good and right when it gets to 'Excuse me/While I kiss the sky', Micky starts going: "WE WANT DAVY, WE WANT DAVY..." then stops and goes, "So yeah- that's what it was like, and that's why Jimi quit opening for us after two weeks!"