• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading with no front or back cover
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I've been collecting for a few years now. I wouldn't say I'm the most knowledgeable individual when it comes to comic books, but I do know that not having the cover significantly decreases value. Is it worth submitting some of my more valuable coverless comics to be graded? I have first issues that are coverless, even a 1.5 is worth over $100 on some with cover. Thoughts? Thanks guys! Here are a couple examples I had right in front of me.

16187687811252017679599105568002.jpg

16187688939362836820398559943810.jpg

Sorry to say there is nothing remotely worth grading here.

1st Book - Chamber of Chills #22 from 1976 - too bad it is coverless as there is a 30 cent price variant that goes for a lot more than the regular 35 center. BUT the only indication of a price variant is the cover. The indicia remains the same.

2nd book - Green Lantern #197 from 1985. Really nothing special here even with a cover.

25 minutes ago, Testinadicalicious said:

He might think it's a GA Chamber of Chills? hm But the date is right there.

A possibility about the COC but no excuse for the GL. But even if it WAS a GA Chamber of Chills, a coverless one would fetch less than the grading costs. :frown: