• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official CGC FORUM DINNER Pictures Thread

7 posts in this topic

With the CGC Forum dinners growing in size and frequency and being the best part of many conventions, I thought it would be cool to have one thread dedicated to pictures from the dinners. I will start with Wonder Con '04.

CGCDinner2.jpg

Left to right: Paul Litch - Me - Richard - Garthgantu - PovertyRow (holding the slab) - Lighthouse - Steve Borock - FFB - BassGman - Jimm94 - 4Gemworks.

CGCDinner3.jpg

The now infamous separated at birth photo of Borock and Pov.

CGCDinner4.jpg

Garthgantu and Me (Garth hates this photo which is why I love posting it)

CGCDinner1.jpg

Dinner at Bob's Chop and Steak House (or whatever its called)

I know Jimm94 has the 2005 WonderCon pics. Please feel free to post your pics taken at the Dinner specifically so we an index of them all in one thread and show other forum members how much fun they are (they really are) and get more people to attend. hi.gif

Good idea. I decided to include pics from the con floor as well. I think people outside of the Bay Area need to see how cool WonderCon is, even though it is much smaller than SD or WW Chicago.

BassGMan:

BassGMan.jpg

CGC's Paul Litch:

CGC_Paul.jpg

CGC's Shawn Caffrey:

SCaffrey.jpg

JBud73, FFB and jeffreykli:

FFB_JBud_Jeffreykli.jpg

Goldust40 (next to nice old lady):

Goldust40.jpg

FFB and JBud73:

JBud_FFB.jpg

sckao's wife Lisa:

Lisa.jpg

Comic Collector Shop owner Phil Schlaefer with a CGC 8.0 copy of Captain America # 1:

Phil_Cap.jpg

Paris Fred and JBud73 with Michael Carbonaro looming over Fred's shoulder:

ParisFred.jpg

jeffreykli, Burntboy, and his wife Ellen:

Jeff_BB_Ellen.jpg

jeffreykli and Divadrabnud:

Jeff_Divad.jpg

Steve Borock, JBud73 and PovertyRow:

Onsite-Grading.jpg

Paul Litch, Shawn Caffrey and FFB:

Paul_Shawn_Scott.jpg

Steve, his friend Donna, 3000psi (Elizabeth) and FFB:

Steve_Donna_Liz_FFB.jpg

Thanks Jim that pretty much covers off a large portion of WonderCon 2004 and 2005, now where are the other Forum Dinner pics (from the East Coast) - you slackers poke2.gif Oh and next year I'm bringing MY brand new digital cam so you can get back in some pictures. wink.gif

Oh and the pic of Carbo, Paris Fred and me should be captioned Jbud73 - drooling as Paris Fred displays his Byrne-Austin OA page from X-Men 115, um I think it was about there - I was in shock so my memory didnt totally lock it in. cloud9.gif

I think Beyonder and JC would have passed out on the spot at the OA in Fred's collection.

CHICAGO 2005

TheCollector, FFB, PedigreeMan:

theboys.jpg

Group shot:

groupshot.jpg

Pic #1, from left to right: Scott Schechter (CGC Marketing Guru), Arch, Rob_React, Paul Litch

comicon1.jpg

Pic #2, from left to right: Jimm94, Fred McSurley, Kevin Boyd, Tom Gordon

comicon2.jpg

Pic #3, from left to right: Bryan Neely, Brent and Maggie, Bobpfef, 143ksk, some CGC guy whose name I didn't get but heard he used to work for Chuck, of all people.

comicon3.jpg

Pic #4, from left to right: Scrooge, some Salida shiller, Flying Donut, Rob_React.

comicon4.jpg

Pic #5, from left to right: Danny boy again, Liz & Scott (get used to that phrase, FFB).

comicon5.jpg

Bobpfef

showntell.jpg

Moondog, October, Joe Sarno

OFMDJS.jpg

Our Table:

dinnergroup.jpg

CentaurMan, Flink, Moondog, Joe Sarno, BassGMan

dinnertable.jpg