• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting Notes On Comics You Have Not Submitted??
1 1

14 posts in this topic

I was just asking a CGC operator about the different memberships and she told me if I purchase a membership I can only read notes on comics I have personally submitted? 

Is this accurate?

Is there no way to get notes on CGC books that are for sale that aren't mine?

Thanks!

If this is the case they should change policy as slabs change hands constantly.

The current guy who paid for a book shouldbe able to find out what he has in his mitts.

If you look up a slab in the census, there is a link to purchase the graders notes on the page. I've had to do this from time to time when looking at high value books.

Enter the cert number here, then you'll get the upsell for graders notes... https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/

You have access on your dashboard to the notes on books you submitted.  If you can't see them there for some reason, you can call customer service to get them (just YOUR books). 

If you see a comic for sale on eBay, for instance, you can message the seller to see if he/she is the original submitter.  Then they can get you that info.  If not the original submitter, you are probably out of luck as far as getting free notes. 

As @innocuous points out, you can purchase them.  Different notes have different prices, depending on the tier they were submitted through, and YOUR membership level: https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/cgc-grader-notes/

2 hours ago, innocuous said:

image.thumb.png.65ba35782c2cf2447490875206683fd3.png

Thanks.  It's funny.  The other EVIL COMPANY without a name  provides notes for everyone.  How can CGC not create a membership where you can see all notes?    Why keep notes secret from other CGC members?

2 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

You have access on your dashboard to the notes on books you submitted.  If you can't see them there for some reason, you can call customer service to get them (just YOUR books). 

If you see a comic for sale on eBay, for instance, you can message the seller to see if he/she is the original submitter.  Then they can get you that info.  If not the original submitter, you are probably out of luck as far as getting free notes. 

As @innocuous points out, you can purchase them.  Different notes have different prices, depending on the tier they were submitted through, and YOUR membership level: https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/cgc-grader-notes/

Good ideas.  Thanks.