• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are CGC Yellow Window Bags a "MUST" for a signing event

8 posts in this topic

The CGC website says that their yellow window bags are REQUIRED for a signing.  I placed an order for a shipping kit that includes window bags 2 weeks ago.  I have not even recevied a shipment notification that my order has been sent out.  I a concerned that I will miss out on the Jim Shooter signing event whose deadline for receipt of the books in 5/15.  Anyone ever submit a book to be signed that was NOT in a CGC yellow window bag and if so, what did you do?  Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Zach Amis said:

The CGC website says that their yellow window bags are REQUIRED for a signing.  I placed an order for a shipping kit that includes window bags 2 weeks ago.  I have not even recevied a shipment notification that my order has been sent out.  I a concerned that I will miss out on the Jim Shooter signing event whose deadline for receipt of the books in 5/15.  Anyone ever submit a book to be signed that was NOT in a CGC yellow window bag and if so, what did you do?  Thanks!

How to window-bag your books for SS (with photos!) - The Signature Room - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

I've always prepped my books according to this link and have never had an issue.  Most recent signed item was submitted in December and signed in February.  The picture links are broken so they no longer appear in the post, but if you click on the image links themselves, they're still there.  If you're mailing an item for a CGC signing event, be sure to label the outside of the box accordingly since they're one month behind on entering received items.  As I understand it, this should prioritize your package to ensure it's entered into the system in time for the event.

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

How to window-bag your books for SS (with photos!) - The Signature Room - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

I've always prepped my books according to this link and have never had an issue.  Most recent signed item was submitted in December and signed in February.  The picture links are broken so they no longer appear in the post, but if you click on the image links themselves, they're still there.  If you're mailing an item for a CGC signing event, be sure to label the outside of the box accordingly since they're one month behind on entering received items.  As I understand it, this should prioritize your package to ensure it's entered into the system in time for the event.

Same here (except I've never added the extra backing board as a front flap)

CGC's window bags are definitely not required. I've never used them and submitted for multiple signings, most recently completed were Eastman and also Ramos, both in a homemade window bag.  IMO making your own bags is better as you can control where the artist signs.

8 hours ago, Zach Amis said:

actually, the website says the following which is not exactly the same as what you posted

“Window bags are a necessity when getting your comic book signed by an artist and CGC requires them for all of our hosted private signings.”

https://shop.collectiblesgroup.com/collections/cgc-products/products/window-bags

Window bags are required, CGC's specific ones they sell are not.

I use the yellow bags, they work fine and are pretty easy to deal with. The Window is about 3/4 of the front cover (maybe a little less) so it gives the signer more room. You can't control, as well, where they sign, but you can request specific places and they say they'll attempt to accommodate. My guess is how well they accommodate will depend on how far in the day it is and how tired they are.  :)