• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOLEN TOY COLLECTION IN GA/ PLEASE BE ON THE LOOKOUT

8 posts in this topic

Unfortunately a friend of mine had a couple of tubs of nice figures stolen a couple of weeks ago from his car in northern GA (Canton/Holly Springs area) 

If you are in GA or the surrounding states please be on the lookout for the following:

GI Joe Mint in box ‘84 Storm Shadow Missing Items G1 Megatron - complete in box G1 Optimus Prime - loose Ravage - loose Buzzsaw - loose GI Joe - S.H.A.R.C. - complete GI Joe - H.I.S.S.. Tank GI Joe - H.I.S.S. Tank Driver - complete/loose GI Joe - Cobra Commander v1.5 swivel - complete/loose GI Joe - Snake Eyes v1.5 swivel - loose/complete GI Joe - Blowtorch figure - loose GI Joe - Cobra Trooper figure - loose 1977 Star Wars figures - Full Run - loose 1980 Empire Strikes Back figures - Full Run - loose Return of the Jedi - Bib Fortuna - on Card Return of the Jedi - almost full run - loose Jabba the Hut - loose Spawn Figure with fold out wings Individual Smurf figures loose Smurf house - mostly complete Battlestar Galactica - Adama loose Hand Drawn Star Wars collage (art) has Vader, Yoda, and C-3PO on it. Power Ranger 8” White Ranger metallic - mint in box Power Rangers - Dragon Dagger - Mint in Box

The majority of these were his original owner figures that he'd been collecting since he was a child. If you get offered these, or know someone who has please send me a message. I'd love to get these back for him..Detectives are on it, but they'll only do so much for this sort of thing. Several local shops have been contacted etc. I just know that in the past the board detectives have helped out a bit in these situations, so if you have any info please lmk. 

Sorry to hear that. 

He assembled a fine collection of items. I hope they bust this guy/gal.  

My buddy had 30K worth of items stolen from his storage last year (he had 3 USS Flaggs, 1 in the box!).  Was all over the news.  He is still angry as a badger and I don't blame him.  

Patrick 

Got any swap meets or flea markets in the area? Check them. Craigslist, Offer up and FB as well. 

Hope he gets them back. The authorities are usually of very little use as they usually concentrate of bigger crimes. Don’t leave stuff in your car...

@Real Elijah Snow Do you want me to post this in the GI Joe toy groups that I frequent on FB or do you want me to wait and see if a bunch of these items show up for sale in those groups?

This could work both ways when it comes to the GI Joe stuff.  Also ask him if he has any pics of the MOC Stormshadow.  I would not be surprised if they were to show up there.  

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Got any swap meets or flea markets in the area? Check them. Craigslist, Offer up and FB as well. 

Hope he gets them back. The authorities are usually of very little use as they usually concentrate of bigger crimes. Don’t leave stuff in your car...

Just tell authorities they also took a chain saw!

On 4/24/2021 at 4:45 PM, Buzzetta said:

@Real Elijah Snow Do you want me to post this in the GI Joe toy groups that I frequent on FB or do you want me to wait and see if a bunch of these items show up for sale in those groups?

This could work both ways when it comes to the GI Joe stuff.  Also ask him if he has any pics of the MOC Stormshadow.  I would not be surprised if they were to show up there.  

He didn't have any pics of his items, but with the Stormshadow, his name "Rob" is indented on the back from when someone wrote his name for it to be held at a shop when he was a kid. Would likely be visible in a photo. 

If you could do that, yes, it would be helpful. Thanks.