• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for illustration art

12 posts in this topic

Title says it all. I know there's some overlap between comic art collectors and illustration collectors (as well as some artist overlap). I mostly collect golden age stuff but I'd be interested in seeing what folks have. I also like scifi/fantasy stuff. I have a ton of illustration art that I could trade towards pieces, though I could also just buy too.

Thanks!

Hello guys. Have you found anything? After extensive research, I managed to find a website where you can buy illustrations for commercial use. The website's name is Depositphotos. They have awesome stuff, and you can choose illustrations for any category you might need.
I have used these illustrations many times for my work. Many people ask to help them add illustrations to their books, magazines, websites, blogs, etc. It's good having a place where you can find everything you might need. You will make your money back doing work like that. Making money is the most important thing in the end.

Edited by Edwinasyneak

On 5/25/2021 at 5:09 AM, Edwinasyneak said:

Hello guys. Have you found anything?

Not too much I'm afraid. I actually have a bunch of golden age stuff that I'd let go of if anyone's interested.

Edit: I should clarify that it is golden age illustration stuff.

Edited by Avalon
clarification

Here’s a nice illustration by Edgar Church (the man who assembled the greatest comic book collection in history). This pieces is signed and dated 1919. Not too many full color paintings of his survived, and even fewer nudes. I’m pretty sure this was done for a playbill.

E1DC7218-8125-4EC4-90B7-71B06B650AE6.jpeg