Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
23 23

1,738 posts in this topic

I've been following IH181, which I think probably the bubbliest book of them all, I noticed that its price has ease up a bit. Peak was late-March, early April, grade 8.5-9 were bought at 12-14K, but lately buyers could bargain for these for 9-11K

I haven't been following other books, so would like to know others observations

3 minutes ago, Darkowl said:

I doubt things are slowing down. Looks like completed eBay listings for a 9.0 is averaging 12K to 14K.

no, they were not. 

this one is best offer accepted, it means it sold below the listed price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284246002103?hash=item422e61c9b7:g:XZYAAOSw7IRgakBr

this one is also best offer accepted

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164829689481?hash=item26609d7689:g:xKoAAOSwkctgg1y~

in contrast to late-march/early-april

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184750880861?hash=item2b0402b85d:g:f18AAOSwuktgbQLd

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254907414253?hash=item3b59aa76ed:g:4cMAAOSwnVJgWAtH

43 minutes ago, IronMan_Cave said:

That 9.0 that sold for a Best Offer could have sold for at least 12K.

The two 9.0 books before that sold for nearly 14K.

So like I said, 12k to 14k is what they seem to be selling for on eBay, and I don’t see ANY 9.0 copies that sold for nearly 14K in the month of March on eBay.

Finally, the last sale price doesn’t really mean anything as a collective.

So no, I really don’t see any significant amount of data indicating that this book is slowing down, not in 9.0, anyway.

Edited by Darkowl

Just now, snitzer said:

to the moon 🚀 🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

It’ll be interesting to see what kind of value explosion we’ll see when Disney finally announces their plans for Wolverine. 

1 hour ago, IronMan_Cave said:

you need to learn how to look up the actual accepted price on a best offer. click on the original listing in bold. control U. then find "taxex" in the code. the top two sold for $12K and and $11956. the $12K book has writing on the cover. I have no idea how it got a 9.0. and miswrapped.

Looking at 8.5 grades, I can see how one might think that this book is slowing down a little.

But I’m still not seeing enough data to draw any conclusions that H181 is slowing down as a whole, especially when you consider that pre-movie speculation price jumps really haven’t occurred yet. We might see some dormant activity, but I highly doubt this is where H181 levels off.

3-FF282-B0-C2-EB-4666-B922-205-F25-EF0-F

Edited by Darkowl

For books that I'm watching, ASM 238 has slowed and actually dropped quite a bit from its peak 4-5 weeks ago. 

The other books that I'm tracking are still in high demand at ever-increasing prices:

ASM 121, 129, 194, 195, 210, 252, 298, 299, 300, 326, 365, Ann 16

Hulk 340

Thor 337

7 minutes ago, the blob said:

click on the original listing in bold. control U. then find "taxex" in the code

Is there a fast and simple way of finding this "taxex" number since I certainly would not like to search manually through some 2,000+ lines of computer code for this number here?  :pullhair:  :censored:

1 minute ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

For books that I'm watching, ASM 238 has slowed and actually dropped quite a bit from its peak 4-5 weeks ago. 

The other books that I'm tracking are still in high demand at ever-increasing prices:

ASM 121, 129, 194, 195, 210, 252, 298, 299, 300, 326, 365, Ann 16

Hulk 340

Thor 337

That’s interesting. 

Makes me wonder if a domino effect is in place, and that’s what’s going to bring this market down. 

The correction has to start somewhere, right? 

2 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Well, certainly not for Special Marvel Edition 15 since Heritage was just able to auction off a CGC 9.8 graded copy last night for $14,400.  :whatthe:

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

Well, certainly not for Special Marvel Edition 15 since Heritage was just able to auction off a CGC 9.8 graded copy last night for $14,400.  :whatthe:

SME 15 is not a book that’s on my watch list , hence It wasn’t included in my previous response 

55 minutes ago, Darkowl said:

And here is some sales data for 7.5 taken from GPA Analysis. Zero signs of it slowing down!

EB63462-E-3503-4-EA7-BD4-A-0-D6-DF2-B60-

Don't bother checking the mid to low grades, just like in real-estate, you want to observe the high-ends to see if there's any turn. they are the ones that driving the prices. High-ends have to come down first, then lower-ends will follow

17 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Is there a fast and simple way of finding this "taxex" number since I certainly would not like to search manually through some 2,000+ lines of computer code for this number here?  :pullhair:  :censored:

click on those 3 dots on the top right of your browser and use "find"

17 minutes ago, Darkowl said:

That’s interesting. 

Makes me wonder if a domino effect is in place, and that’s what’s going to bring this market down. 

The correction has to start somewhere, right? 

238 hit a stoopid number for a character that has not been big for a while

Everything is hitting stupid numbers

For me, it's at the point of

Is this a peak and crash situation? 

Or

Is this an influx of new collectors 

All my purchases now, besides what I normally collect, are based on getting books I've always wanted now at inflated prices and picking the ones that I feel will never come down again (hence my xmen 12 pickup)