• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

7,153 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2023 at 11:51 AM, davidpg said:

Yeah I have a bunch of raw books across all ages I want to move, and I'll be holding out unit after the holidays to send to MCS.

You've been holding out for years. Step on it. 

On 12/7/2023 at 10:21 AM, comicartfan said:

Some of the reason for the low price is the December -Christmas drop. I just got my grades on an Iron Man 55 & ASM 129 that both came back 9.0. Looking at GPA just now, the last sold prices for these two are way down.....I won't be moving them until after the New Year. 

I get it, but 112 is kind of a nothing book in that run

Edited by the blob

On 12/7/2023 at 5:10 PM, squidmo2000 said:

They say you can't time the stock market,and that is true...but you can totally time the comic market.Wait 6 months before any movie comes out,and sell those books....FOMO hits and you will be rolling in $100 bills ..cha ching!

giphy (1).gif

I would agree, but in 2024 there are only 2 major super hero movies coming out the whole year. Deadpool 3 and The Joker 2. 

:fear:

On 12/7/2023 at 6:33 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

I would agree, but in 2024 there are only 2 major super hero movies coming out the whole year. Deadpool 3 and The Joker 2. 

:fear:

Joker 2 isn't even a superhero movie. It's a musical. Of course, this follows the theme where the first one wasn't a superhero movie and wasn't even a Joker movie. 

On 12/7/2023 at 7:55 PM, mjoeyoung said:

Meanwhile on Heritage, Promise Collection 9.8 DC #124 sold for $40.8K.  Last sale was June 2021 for $120,000. OOF! :cry:

I’m watching tonight too. Detective Comics 168, 7.5, went for $36k. Love that book. Too high?

On 12/7/2023 at 7:55 PM, mjoeyoung said:

Meanwhile on Heritage, Promise Collection 9.8 DC #124 sold for $40.8K.  Last sale was June 2021 for $120,000. OOF! :cry:

Why did people buy this stoopit predigree again? Every picture I've seen on the forum has been in a slab with a higher number than it should be.

Why didn't people put their money into something more stable as far as a CGC graded book? Surely if you knew about the Promise Collection to begin with you knew there were better avenues for your money.