• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
42 42

8,005 posts in this topic

On 10/16/2024 at 1:45 AM, DeadpoolJr. said:

Seems like a lot of people want to know the name of the lcs.  lol

I don't blame them.

Even though there wasn't a HOS 92, Hulk 181 or multiples of Swamp Thing 1s (very strange)

It has to be one of the best original owner collection of bronze age books to hit the market in a long time.

Anyone that's sent me a pm I've told them.

On 10/4/2024 at 3:32 AM, lou_fine said:

Then again, you can also end up with a highest graded copy, albeit certainly not the best looking 9.0 book, that goes absolutely ballistics:  :o

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/1052459

cin4-13.jpg

Definite big congrats to the consignor as it sold for a rather staggering $41,975 or at 33X the condition guide value of only $1,413; and clearly collectors' demand for Baker covers continues to roll right along with still no apparent end in sight, especially when it comes to some of his romance and GGA art covers. :applause:

On 10/4/2024 at 5:14 PM, mjoeyoung said:

Compared To

image.thumb.png.9627ec9e9041f5b95ba38dd7369faaf8.png

The price differences between grades are incredible. Just comparing sales of this book.

2015 a 4.0 sold for $308 and there have been two sales this year for $830 and now $630.

In 2005 there were two sales of this same (only) 9.0 book.  They were for $285 and $379 with a 2010 sale of an 8.5 for $500. Now $42K.

The demand for Bakers seems pretty skewed to the high end.

This just seems like a continuation of higher grade books becoming commoditized and the strengthening stratification of the market.  Is it sustainable? Or, is it the remaining air in an otherwise burst bubble?

Moral of the story, collectors pay up for red dresses not pink. 

No, books at a lcs

I've bought single and doubles of some books.

Seems like a lot of people want to know the name of the lcs.  lol

You are some 40 years too late as those are pictures from a massive clearance sale before the LCS shuttered their doors for good.  (:  lol

On 10/16/2024 at 11:47 PM, lou_fine said:

You are some 40 years too late as those are pictures from a massive clearance sale before the LCS shuttered their doors for good.  (:  lol

Dang, I keep missing out on this vital component of collecting which always seems to be me needing to have been born earlier than I was. :cry: