• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone use mylites4’s?

13 posts in this topic

I bought some but I wasn’t ready for how hard it is to get the board or book in or out of the bag.

I tried 2 silver age books and actually stopped because I thought I might damage them. I tried 2 modern books and it worked but it still wasn’t smooth like with mylites2’s.

I assumed they were the best, but I just ordered some mylites2’s which work better. Lesson learned I guess.

19 hours ago, jmt999 said:

I bought some but I wasn’t ready for how hard it is to get the board or book in or out of the bag.

I tried 2 silver age books and actually stopped because I thought I might damage them. I tried 2 modern books and it worked but it still wasn’t smooth like with mylites2’s.

I assumed they were the best, but I just ordered some mylites2’s which work better. Lesson learned I guess.

yes, they are stiff, but can be loosened up

so if you really want to use 4-mil, the trick is to take 3-5 backing boards, and force them into the mylar. Once the edges a bit loose, then put your comic + board in there

folding the top is also tricky, once I fold the top, I put heavy books on top of them and leave them overnight or even longer to create folding crease

they offer good protection, I use them for my important SA books

Edited by IronMan_Cave

I found the trick with Mylars is to buy an extra size larger (if you have BA books, buy SA size, etc) so they are roomy enough that there's no risk of a spine snag or corner chip when putting a book in. Though in the case of golden age books, it means buying a size called 'Super Golden Age' that hardly anyone carries, and they feel kind of outlandishly large.

Since I discovered Mylite2s a few years back, I love them, have used them heavily and never once had a problem. I really don't see going back to Mylars.