• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the 1st slab you ever purchased or sent in to get graded?

2 posts in this topic

I'm curious what books started you guys on this fun journey of graded comics. The first graded book I ever bought was Ewoks #1 and the first book I ever submitted myself was Uncanny X-Men 211 for the John Romita Jr. signing. It's funny cause I thought since there were no spine ticks I'm guaranteed to get a 9.6. What I didn't realize was the cover had some fading that really impacted the grade.

Resized_20210428_120743.jpeg

Resized_20210428_120812.jpeg

Funny you should ask

I just got rid of the 1st ever I submitted for blue label, it was a New Mutants #98 that came back 7.0 and the 1st SS I ever bought was an X-men 266 in CGC 8.0 that was ss'd by Claremont..... those and 5 other books went into a trade recently for an Avengers #1 0.5 ss'd by Stan Lee :) 

as far as the first I ever submitted for signature series was IH 180 & 181 to be signed by Stan Lee, the 1st big con I went to when getting back into collecting, did that on the 1st day of the con 2016

3rd day of the con I got my act together and submitted ASM #129 Mark Jeweler that came back 3.0 white pages signed by Stan Lee, and a FF #49 came back 3.5 signed by Stan Lee and Joe Sinnot! :banana: 

GetImage.aspx?c=3204657&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=NC8yOC8yMDIxIDI6NDM6NDggUE0=GetImage.aspx?c=3237953&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=NC8yOC8yMDIxIDI6NDM6NDggUE0=

GetImage.aspx?c=3204671&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=NC8yOC8yMDIxIDI6NDQ6NDIgUE0=GetImage.aspx?c=3204667&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=NC8yOC8yMDIxIDI6NDU6MzQgUE0=