• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Submission Update!!!
2 2

11 posts in this topic

"Although we will not be extending the time for members to submit under the old rates, CGC members who completed their online submissions prior to April 28, 2021, will now have until June 28, 2021 for their submissions to be delivered to our facility and still qualify for the old rates."

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9096/submission-delivery-extension/

I’m not getting how this helps anyone but ok. Received complaints about not accessing the submission form or being able to check out so the solution is... extend the delivery time. Not honoring pricing for people who already have things in their carts under the old pricing, or giving a 24 hour extension. Very helpful cgc, exactly what people have been asking for

Although we will not be extending the time for members to submit under the old rates, CGC members who completed their online submissions prior to April 28, 2021, will now have until June 28, 2021 for their submissions to be delivered to our facility and still qualify for the old rates.

CGC holds itself to the highest standards and strives to provide the best possible services to our members and the hobby. We regret that our online submission form fell short of those standards over the last couple of days. We will continue to invest time, energy and resources to improve our services and the customer experience.

No, that's not how it works.  You can't say this and then simply not do it.  You're either holding yourself to the highest standards, or you're just doing what is easiest and best for the company and not the customer.  People literally spent days trying to get their orders through over the past week.  That's not hyperbole, they spend days trying to create an order only to have the whole thing wiped out and having to start over and over again.  I guess that time spent is worthless to CGC.  The very bare minimum was to let all orders already in carts go through on the old pricing.  And even though that would not have any impact on all those people whose carts got wiped out over and over again, at least it would have been something.  But this... this is literally nothing.  

And by the way, the "Learn More" button on the email that was sent out is broken.

2 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

This seems to only benefit them by smoothing out the receiving a little, am I wrong?

Well Ron it sure does not really benefit the Customer outside of Amish submitters traveling from PA to FL on horse and wagon, so if it helps CGC at least someone is benefitting. 

2 hours ago, PokemanDude90 said:
2 hours ago, Ron Churches said:

This seems to only benefit them by smoothing out the receiving a little, am I wrong?

Well Ron it sure does not really benefit the Customer outside of Amish submitters traveling from PA to FL on horse and wagon, so if it helps CGC at least someone is benefitting. 

Although this extended time to get there doesn't help anyone who was trying to get their orders in at that pre price increase direct submission.  There are benefits to some of the customers.  Those who use 3rd party pressers (Not CCS) who the pressers have been backed up now have a little longer to get them to CGC. The orders that are with facilitators to get signed and the ones that are having commissions done now all have a little longer to get them in to CGC. 

I currently have 3 orders that this applies to. I sent two batches of submissions to a presser who has been backed up, but he is one of the best. Still these submissions were sent a few months ago and without this extension they definitely would have been hit with a price increase even though the invoice was filled out months ago. Even with this extension they still may get hit. I also have a submission that is with an artist who is doing commissions for me that he has been working on since November and even with this extension that too will probably not make it by their new deadline and will still be hit with that increase, eventhough that involve was filled out November of last year. 

Point is that this extended time does help some of their customers.  It definitely is not only beneficial to them. 

Although I do agree that they definitely did not handle this entire fiasco well at all. 20210428_231920.jpg.60310bb7d5e866fbaca4eb65c8d229a6.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

10 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Although this extended time to get there doesn't help anyone who was trying to get their orders in at that pre price increase direct submission.  There are benefits to some of the customers.  Those who use 3rd party pressers (Not CCS) who the pressers have been backed up now have a little longer to get them to CGC. The orders that are with facilitators to get signed and the ones that are having commissions done now all have a little longer to get them in to CGC. 

I currently have 3 orders that this applies to. I sent two batches of submissions to a presser who has been backed up, but he is one of the best. Still these submissions were sent a few months ago and without this extension they definitely would have been hit with a price increase even though the invoice was filled out months ago. Even with this extension they still may get hit. I also have a submission that is with an artist who is doing commissions for me that he has been working on since November and even with this extension that too will probably not make it by their new deadline and will still be hit with that increase, eventhough that involve was filled out November of last year. 

Point is that this extended time does help some of their customers.  It definitely is not only beneficial to them. 

Although I do agree that they definitely did not handle this entire fiasco well at all. 20210428_231920.jpg.60310bb7d5e866fbaca4eb65c8d229a6.jpg

rantrantI was wondering if someone would comment in this regard before I did.

My independent presser spent close to two days just getting people's submissions in before the April 28th deadline.  He was going out of his way to help these people NOT have to pay the higher prices before the deadline.  He wasn't 100% successful, but I know he did a hell of a job trying.  Time spent doing all that was valuable time away from pressing comics.  He will benefit from this increased timeframe a bit, even though my first impression of the update wasn't favorable either.  Granted, I don't know what his workload is, but I'm sure it's heavy.  Everyone needs to remember what pressers and dealers had to go through if they were trying to do right by those of us who give them repeated business.  All of the newer 'collectors' need to understand that it's not just you that's affected.  Those of you clamoring to get books back as soon as possible need to relax.  The system is jacked right now, but mass submissions by supposed newbies and speculators doesn't help the system either.  Be patient...give it time.  It's pretty much out of your hands until CGC finishes grading your books. (shrug):baiting:

rantrant