• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how many slabs of AmphoMan does this guy have...
2 2

68 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2021 at 9:39 AM, amphoman said:

Number of published Amphoman comic books according to issue #:

Amphoman #1 (green cover) (QTY 125) - Origin & 1st appearance of Amphoman,, Black Bull, Bleash & Brain Demon., Origin of the Gems.

Amphoman #1 (black border) (QTY 122)

Amphoman #2 (QTY 30) - 1st appearance of Mac Sprawley who, becomes Thunder Guitar. Ulrius discovers, Brain Demon is Keever Joules.

Amphoman #3 (QTY 30) - Thunder Guitar defeated, reverts back, to Mac Sprawley., Ulurius infiltrates Black Bull's lair.

Amphoman #4 (QTY 30) - 1st appearance of Shadow Witch and, Amphoman's shadow, Black Bull's identity, revealed as Briley Chelson.

Amphoman #5 (QTY 27) - 1st appearance of Trix Graystone and, Ronald Ranheta who becomes crazy crab., Shadow Witch revealed to be Jane Silva.

Amphoman #6 (QTY 30) - 1st appearance of King Trell and his, three henchmen. Planet Guiba backstory, illustrates how gems arrived on Earth.

Amphoman #7 (QTY 27) - 1st appearance in cameo of Mosquitoe Man, Backstory of Chief Gunhawk who becomes, Bleash The Fair-Feathered Warrior.

Amphoman #8 (QTY 25) - 1st full appearance of Mosquitoe Man who, is revealed to be Sal Sangue.

Amphoman #9 (QTY 23) - 1st appearance of Ampho Kids, "D",, Brandy Boy and JuJu.

Amphoman #10 (QTY 12) - 1st appearance of Little Snake.

Amphoman #11 (QTY 11) - 1st appearance of Iguana Billy and, "Think Big Rat Guy".

Amphoman Funnies #1 (QTY 34) - 1st appearance of Corny Family. Reprints, "Amphoman Presents" and "Generation Gap", published in 1995 in the BCC Observer bi-weekly paper.

Amphoman Funnies #2 (QTY 15) - collection of comic strips created by Mike Kaye, mentored by the late Mort Walker (Beetle Bailey).

Amphoman Funnies #3 (QTY 17) - collection of comic strips created by Mike Kaye, mentored by the late Mort Walker (Beetle Bailey).

Proceeds from book sales went to fight Cancer and feed the homeless.

Books created out of passion of storytelling and to save actual lives.

@onlyweaknesskryptonite Say again :popcorn:

I'm glad Amphoman has saved lives..... a life..... has looked at a person.... Now can you unhook me from this thing I've got a hot date tonight..... Dinner out...... Dinner alone..... Alright.......... I'm going to sit at home in my Amphoman costume and run around the house and pretend to stick to objects..... Now can you get me out of this damn thing.... I don't deserve this shabby treatment...... Sigh....... 

On 12/17/2021 at 11:50 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:
On 12/17/2021 at 11:39 AM, amphoman said:

Number of published Amphoman comic books according to issue #:

Amphoman #1 (green cover) (QTY 125) - Origin & 1st appearance of Amphoman,, Black Bull, Bleash & Brain Demon., Origin of the Gems.

Amphoman #1 (black border) (QTY 122)

Amphoman #2 (QTY 30) - 1st appearance of Mac Sprawley who, becomes Thunder Guitar. Ulrius discovers, Brain Demon is Keever Joules.

Amphoman #3 (QTY 30) - Thunder Guitar defeated, reverts back, to Mac Sprawley., Ulurius infiltrates Black Bull's lair.

Amphoman #4 (QTY 30) - 1st appearance of Shadow Witch and, Amphoman's shadow, Black Bull's identity, revealed as Briley Chelson.

Amphoman #5 (QTY 27) - 1st appearance of Trix Graystone and, Ronald Ranheta who becomes crazy crab., Shadow Witch revealed to be Jane Silva.

Amphoman #6 (QTY 30) - 1st appearance of King Trell and his, three henchmen. Planet Guiba backstory, illustrates how gems arrived on Earth.

Amphoman #7 (QTY 27) - 1st appearance in cameo of Mosquitoe Man, Backstory of Chief Gunhawk who becomes, Bleash The Fair-Feathered Warrior.

Amphoman #8 (QTY 25) - 1st full appearance of Mosquitoe Man who, is revealed to be Sal Sangue.

Amphoman #9 (QTY 23) - 1st appearance of Ampho Kids, "D",, Brandy Boy and JuJu.

Amphoman #10 (QTY 12) - 1st appearance of Little Snake.

Amphoman #11 (QTY 11) - 1st appearance of Iguana Billy and, "Think Big Rat Guy".

Amphoman Funnies #1 (QTY 34) - 1st appearance of Corny Family. Reprints, "Amphoman Presents" and "Generation Gap", published in 1995 in the BCC Observer bi-weekly paper.

Amphoman Funnies #2 (QTY 15) - collection of comic strips created by Mike Kaye, mentored by the late Mort Walker (Beetle Bailey).

Amphoman Funnies #3 (QTY 17) - collection of comic strips created by Mike Kaye, mentored by the late Mort Walker (Beetle Bailey).

Proceeds from book sales went to fight Cancer and feed the homeless.

Books created out of passion of storytelling and to save actual lives.

@onlyweaknesskryptonite Say again :popcorn:

Somebody has been Toad Stacking... 

9a4.jpg.fe70be7cca2ebc4a16a786cde4c53ead.jpg

But if it is for a good cause.. (thumbsu

On 7/22/2021 at 12:26 AM, Qalyar said:

That seller is Mike Kaye, the book's creator. The frog costume is new, though. He's apparently dropped the million-dollar BIN listings in favor of this new gimmick.

The staging for this picture (which almost has to be intentional, right?) is a succinct summary of my opinions of the book.

Image 01 - Amphoman 1 CGC 9.8 comic signature 1st App Amphoman Bleash BlackBull Brain Demon

Why did you write a nice comment about yourself, and sign it in Mort Walker's name, attributing said quote and sig to him in most people's eyes? To a layperson glancing at the book they'd think it lovely that the creator of Beetle Bailey thought so highly of you. It's not until you read the fine print of the CGC label that you see all the supposed Mort Walker text is actually written by Mike Kaye. Do you not find that at least a little deceptive? You claim to have worked under him, but that still doesn't make this okay, unless it's done by Mort and the label is wrong. However, it certainly doesn't look like Walker's signature to me. Just what were you trying to do? 

I'm surprised CGC okayed this book. What's to stop Joe Blow no-name from writing 'Jim Lee' on a heap of Lee's most desired comics, and then just letting the label explain that it was actually just non-name writing Jim Lee, and not the Lee sig you were expecting. 

This sets a bad precedent rife for abuse... or at least it would, if anyone gave a mess about Amphoman.