• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twelve-Cent Marvel Mothers
3 3

233 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, SkOw said:

Strange post. All he did was secure a beautiful original owner collection.  How many OO collections have YOU picked up with colors like this?

I agree the colors on these looked really good and rich. Often that is not the case, especially with Silver Age books that are in VG range. 

1 minute ago, speedcake said:

that Thor 169 was the deal of the thread, easy. great grab

There were several. The Thor 169 or the couple of Avengers back on the first page, especially 1st Kang. Lots of really good books here that presented well though so all of these were easy grabs. But yes.. those last couple Thor books were really nice and good pickups by those who won them. 

32 minutes ago, oceans11 said:

There were several. The Thor 169 or the couple of Avengers back on the first page, especially 1st Kang. Lots of really good books here that presented well though so all of these were easy grabs. But yes.. those last couple Thor books were really nice and good pickups by those who won them. 

oh ya I forgot the sweet deal on the 1st Kang. It's what I get for taking a walk in the park with my wife. I miss out on a chance at sweet deals  :roflmao:

31 minutes ago, speedcake said:

oh ya I forgot the sweet deal on the 1st Kang. It's what I get for taking a walk in the park with my wife. I miss out on a chance at sweet deals  :roflmao:

Kang won't be there with you in old age and family will. I think you made the right call.

3 hours ago, SkOw said:

Strange post. All he did was secure a beautiful original owner collection.  How many OO collections have YOU picked up with colors like this?

I didn’t understand that post either. A large percentage of the books I buy are “impulse” buys based on how rich the colors are. If I had been around today, I would have tried to claim many of these books as there were so many gorgeous covers. Great thread. :golfclap:So sorry I missed it.