• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diamond Run Pedigree

46 posts in this topic

as an aside CGC decided to remove DR also from the list of pedigree/collection.

If this is true, it would be very interesting to hear from CGC why they did this.

Steve B: True or false? If true, why? popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

as an aside CGC decided to remove DR also from the list of pedigree/collection.

If this is true, it would be very interesting to hear from CGC why they did this.

Steve B: True or false? If true, why? popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

Joe can tell anyone the details if he wishes. I do not want to get into it too much.

All I will say is that CGC had found too many restored books in the collection and CGC decided that it was not an OO collection, but a collection put together by a well-known collector. Many were OO and too many were not. It does not fit CGC's definition of an OO collection. If it were brought to our attention at the time that it was Tom Fagens books, we would have put "From the collection of..." on the label. It was not presented to us that way.

Joe disagrees with our decision, so he will take the books to a company that will allow them to retain the name Diamond Run. If the books come here for grading or re-labeling, the DR notation will be removed from our label.

Hope that helps thumbsup2.gif

All I will say is that CGC had found too many restored books in the collection and CGC decided that it was not an OO collection

Good stuff, thanks for coming on here and clarifying, Steve.

Interesting how Joe never said anything about restored books in his version of the story. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Once again proves how important it is to hear both sides of the story before reaching any conclusions.

I had thought that buying up PGX books identified as Diamond Run might be an easy way to pick up some nice books at a decent price, as Diamond Run was never a pedigree I cared all that much about anyways so I wouldn't really care whether the books were identified as Diamond Run or not, but the possibility of the books being restored, and PGX's less than stellar resto detection abilities, certainly gives me pause.

......but it would be a collection.

The test then is when does a collection get included on a label 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Like Don Rosa for instance? Which to my knowledge (and I freely admit I could be wrong) is not a pedigree.

It is a pedigree.

The name of the Pedigree is "The Don Rosa Collection"

The location of the name on the label is in the Ped designation area. The other "collection" names are under the pq designation