• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about Time it takes to Grade

18 posts in this topic

So I paid for Standard on all my cards it took about a month and half to open package and marked as Received. It was Marked Received 4/29 is this when my  48 days starts? if so basically it takes almost 5 months to get graded with standard is that correct?

46 minutes ago, William Weitz said:

You might want to check with someone on that... No way Standard starts when delivered to you.  You are still opening cards from the week of 3/22.  I see you are new so make sure you check.

Turnaround time on standard says 48 days. I'd be surprised if my order delivered 4/2 even gets opened in that time...

There is no way in hell TAT starts when the package is delivered. Especially when it takes 2 whole months to even open packages at this point.... Paul S. and others has said TAT doesn't start until the package is opened and packing slip is scanned into the system. Admin response is misleading....

My standard was delivered on 3/19 and the turnaround time for standard at that time was 24 to 30 days. It's been "scheduled for grading" for over 3 weeks straight now so turnaround times seem completely off as it's over twice the expected time.

So I did email them and this is the answer I received Within the past couple of weeks, we changed the turnaround times on our website to reflect the time from when your package is delivered until the approximate time it is completed.  So, the days you see on there now would be from the delivery date and not from just when your order is just logged in

41 minutes ago, Tom Wiegand said:

So I did email them and this is the answer I received Within the past couple of weeks, we changed the turnaround times on our website to reflect the time from when your package is delivered until the approximate time it is completed.  So, the days you see on there now would be from the delivery date and not from just when your order is just logged in

I don't understand why CGC hasn't made a PSA regarding something like this. Just like how they don't allow anyone to upgrade their services to a higher tier anymore. They just change things without letting the customer know is bad business and untrustworthy imo. No wonder people are getting frustrated and upset... we can all do better

19 hours ago, Oreos said:

@DarthChewieI apologize but you're wrong according to Paul who has stated multiple times; TaT starts when the package is received and put into the system - NOT delivered. 

I apologise but you’re wrong. Check the news section from last week. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9110/ccg-turnaround-times/

1 hour ago, Nathan Robins said:

I apologise but you’re wrong. Check the news section from last week. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9110/ccg-turnaround-times/

Yeah they would hide something like this deep on their website... Why not post this on the front page? Why not update the link at the top of the homepage for tat? I don't understand the decision making that goes on at CGC... I bet not even 10% of people sign up for a new letter... lol

4 hours ago, Oreos said:

Odd - Paul has stated multiple times its when they are marked 'received'. I guess they changed it

They may have changed it but no way they are going to make these new times.  They are still opening mail from March 22nd posting on May 19th.

Their standard turnaround time needs to be at least 60 days because it's taking 60 days just to open up the mail at least.

On 5/18/2021 at 10:00 AM, DarthChewie said:

Turnaround times start when the submission is delivered to us. Not when we mark it as received.

wow, this is new. how does that work for earlier orders where Paul told us that turnaround times were effective from Recieved rather than delivered?

Edited by William-James88