• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey into Mystery 104 surprise story!!!!
1 1

5 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Bo1983 said:

Just a random thought I know this is not a expensive book but I was surprised that a Heimdall story at the back and how he became the guardian of the rainbow bridge. Mybe Cgc should list this on the slab I thank that’s pretty cool and nobody talks about that!!!

tales of asgard are some of my favorites.  there's that giant size ish that reprints em.  great reading.  The story of young Thor slowly being able to lift the Uru Mallet.  I know kirby gets a lot of plotting credit but I seriously think the use of Norse Mythology was all Stan Lee.
Tales of Asgard Vol 1 1 | Marvel Database | Fandom

Kirby throughout his career used the Gods of various mythology in his works from as far back as Mercury, Pluto, Jupiter, Minerva, Apollo, etc. in Red Raven Comics #1 (1940), to Hurricane, "son of Thor, god of thunder, and the last defendant of the Ancient Greek immortals" in Captain America Comics #4 (1941), to 'Thor' in DC's Sandman in 1942 (see below)

Thor Jack Kirby The Villain from Valhalla DC Adventure Comics 75.jpg