• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Encapsulation

8 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Black Panther said:

Just was wondering but if books are already graded by cgc.  How long would it take before they are encapsulated and shipped out.   Thanks 

Use the thread below for best estimates on current turnaround times, based on user submissions already going through the process..

current turn around rates at CGC - Page 821 - Comics General - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

Depends on the tier of submission, among other things

3 hours ago, Sofa King 👑 said:

Is Fast Track worth it?

Meh, depends on the book and individual.  For a really expensive book, it might make more sense because there's a certain level of stress having sending your books out into the wind like that.  Like, yes, it's in CGC's hands for the most part (it's really only the shipping part that's really stressful), but most people would agree that they're most comfortable knowing the book is in their possession.  I've done FastTrack a few times and it feels really nice to have your books fly through the process, but it gets expensive.  Honestly, when I get the book back, it's just going to end up tucked away in a box, out of sight.  So what difference does it make if it's out of sight in CGC's facilities waiting to get graded, or out of sight in my closet.  I'd rather save the money.

Now, if i'm sending off an Amazing Fantasy 15, then I want that thing back in my possession as quickly as possible.

18 hours ago, Black Panther said:

Just was wondering but if books are already graded by cgc.  How long would it take before they are encapsulated and shipped out.   Thanks 

Are you asking how long the book sits between the grader looking at it, assigning it a grade, and then being put into the holder? I can assume weeks if not longer based on current TAT's  and the tier of service selected. 

50 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Meh, depends on the book and individual.  For a really expensive book, it might make more sense because there's a certain level of stress having sending your books out into the wind like that.  Like, yes, it's in CGC's hands for the most part (it's really only the shipping part that's really stressful), but most people would agree that they're most comfortable knowing the book is in their possession.  I've done FastTrack a few times and it feels really nice to have your books fly through the process, but it gets expensive.  Honestly, when I get the book back, it's just going to end up tucked away in a box, out of sight.  So what difference does it make if it's out of sight in CGC's facilities waiting to get graded, or out of sight in my closet.  I'd rather save the money.

Now, if i'm sending off an Amazing Fantasy 15, then I want that thing back in my possession as quickly as possible.

I would also say, if you’re running a business based on selling comics to put food on the table, inventory turnover or getting cash back in hand faster may have some benefits.