• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,951 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Willbert said:

Anything is possible. And I honestly I'm not really that concerned. Sure I'm eager to get my books back just like everyone else but I'm just more curious about the process and tracking actual turnaround times. I'd hate to actually have something that was truly time sensitive like an auction deadline because I have zero confidence in any information provided by CGC right now beyond it's going to take what it's going to take.

agreed!

and as much as I'd like to know an estimate, or even to put it out of my mind for a minute, it's just the way it is that I care about it lol I'm going to wonder cause they offer the estimate.... so naturally we're curious

imagine if it was like a vault or walled off building, and we just stood outside scratching wondering what goes on? and every once in a while a guy on a golf cart with someone's box full slabs hahaa :insane: 

I think I'm just stir crazy lol shh shhh no talky no talky

raw

Just now, sagekilz said:

Holy bleep do I love this movie.

They were the unbeatable team more than once, I had it all stir crazy etc on vhs, but haven't updated them to dvd so haven't seen it for a minute.

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

They were the unbeatable team more than once, I had it all stir crazy etc on vhs, but haven't updated them to dvd so haven't seen it for a minute.

If I'm being honest, the movies barely hold up however Wilder is a genius and one of the most under-appreciated comedians of any generation.  Along with Pryor, their movies took race and flipped it on it's head, never afraid to say something outrageous for laughs of course but also to buck the culture of stereotypes.  Absolute geniuses, Pryor and Wilder are.

On 5/19/2021 at 11:05 AM, jsilverjanet said:

My magazine walkthrough submission with press/grading is still stuck at received - 21 total days. Book has still not been pressed. TAT states 15 days  

REC 4/21

My magazine walkthrough finally has been pressed and received/SFG at CGC

SFG 5/21

Edited by jsilverjanet

On 5/18/2021 at 3:00 PM, Asianassassincomics said:

Additional details from my Economy submission:

Delivered (USPS Priority Mail): 2/4

Received: 2/25

SFG: 5/18

Took three weeks to get received / checked in after being delivered. 

Economy submission:

Delivered (USPS Priority Mail): 2/4

Received: 2/25

SFG: 5/18

Grading / Quality Control: 5/22

16 hours ago, Point Five said:

... on a Saturday!  hm 

I got notice that my credit card was being charged for my submissions yesterday - Saturday - but no change in status online as of yet.  I'm expecting to find out grading results tomorrow, as they've been listed as in QC for a couple of days now  :)  

:wishluck:

04 Book - Modern with Custom Labels

Delivered:     02/24

Received:      03/17

SFG:           05/13

Grade Date:    05/13

G/Q:           05/17

Shipped:       05/24

Custom labels took an extra 3 days ship versus the non-custom label order that was submitted and graded at the same time.

I think they should grade the packages since it's taking about a month or maybe more to just get the books out of the package...as long as they grade extremely fast for this....just the length of time to open up the package and get the books out
which they have to do anyway....

Something like   "Package Grade -  9.6 Solid..

Package notes:
-- Box Sturdiness - 9.4
-- Package materials - 9.8
-- Ease of opening up the books - 9.6
-- Amount of Tape - 9.6
-- Kind of tape - 9.8

Something along those lines..feel free to add other criteria or make fun of the Package notes I put down... At least we should get some feedback from CGC for waiting a month just to get the package open to get the books.

3 hours ago, musicmeta said:

I think they should grade the packages since it's taking about a month or maybe more to just get the books out of the package...as long as they grade extremely fast for this....just the length of time to open up the package and get the books out

Package notes:
-- Box Sturdiness - 9.4
-- Amount of Tape - 9.6
-- Kind of tape - 9.8

Good lord, then we have TATs on various levels of shipping box condition! 🤣

3 hours ago, musicmeta said:

Package notes:
-- Box Sturdiness - 9.4
-- Amount of Tape - 9.6
-- Kind of tape - 9.8

Something along those lines..feel free to add other criteria or make fun of the Package notes I put down... At least we should get some feedback from CGC for waiting a month just to get the package open to get the books.

As long as we don't get charged for grader's notes

On 1/7/2021 at 3:09 PM, ectocooler said:

I’m new and just sent my first book for grading. I’m patient so not stressed for time, I’m just curious what you CGC vets would estimate the time it would take to be returned.

I sent a magazine walkthrough (had to due to value) for screening/pressing and grading. CGC to their credit entered as received on 12/15 same day as tracking delivered but it hasn’t moved in status since. According to the estimates a screening should take 15 business days for magazine walkthru plus the regular time which at this tier is same day right? And then if pressed it should add 10 days. And then the grading should be same opm opm manga day and then sent back if I’m not mistaken? So is mid January pretty accurate for them to return or should I brace for like mid March or something?

I don’t mind CGC having my book and I appreciate that they marked it as received so quickly. I made the poor life decision of sending it in via USPS at the end of November and it got stuck with no tracking updates for 2 weeks at some distribution center. I’m just glad it’s out of the hands of USPS.

Fee per Item (USD) 3% of Fair Market Value ($150 min.) Current Turnaround (working days) 3 days. ReHolder. A comic book in a CGC holder is encapsulated in ...
Current Turnaround (working days) 80 days. Fast Track: 60 days. Economy (Pre - 1975