• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Link Spring feature auction looking interesting

92 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, glendgold said:

Hope this isn't behind a paywall. If so, short version is: Stan's a simple guy; legacy is complicated. https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/stan-lee-true-believer-review/2021/02/18/5e9f4fc4-71e4-11eb-b8a9-b9467510f0fe_story.html

Glen. Maybe you should take a stab at writing the definitive Lee and/or Kirby biography. 

On 5/21/2021 at 4:36 PM, Ryanfromottawa said:

What are you folk's favourites from the auction?

Gotta split that into (2) camps. What I can afford | what I can't afford ;) . In the afford category I like the Haunt Fear and Crime SuspenStories and 1st Issue Special. In the "other" category I like the  TMNT 1, FF 4, FF 48 and Geoff Darrow piece (which a bit surprisingly at the moment can move into the afford category). I also like the Bone 1, but as was touched on in this thread I have never really been into signatures as a rule (except for personal 'I was there' reasons is ok to me) and now I am even less so into them after recently reading on the verification process and crazy prices being attached to them.  

Being a new poster I wrestled a bit to post to this fearing someone (buyer)would be upset that I put others on the trail of something they wanted then I switched shoes and figured I may upset someone else (seller) by not putting people on the trail. So... :) 

48 minutes ago, RMG1 said:

Gotta split that into (2) camps. What I can afford | what I can't afford ;) . In the afford category I like the Haunt Fear and Crime SuspenStories and 1st Issue Special. In the "other" category I like the  TMNT 1, FF 4, FF 48 and Geoff Darrow piece (which a bit surprisingly at the moment can move into the afford category). I also like the Bone 1, but as was touched on in this thread I have never really been into signatures as a rule (except for personal 'I was there' reasons is ok to me) and now I am even less so into them after recently reading on the verification process and crazy prices being attached to them.  

Being a new poster I wrestled a bit to post to this fearing someone (buyer)would be upset that I put others on the trail of something they wanted then I switched shoes and figured I may upset someone else (seller) by not putting people on the trail. So... :) 

The market for both art and comics has gotten pretty crazy lately, so 80% of the fun for me these days is just seeing the pieces come to market and the prices they sell for. I am semi-optimistic that 1 or 2 of my targets in this auction will fit my budget...

Those pieces you mentioned are very cool indeed. Lots of nice detail in that Geoff Darrow piece. Its hard to gauge where things will wind up at auction close, especially with art, with 9 1/2 days left, there can be a lot of movement! 

8 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

For the OA I am watching, prices are real low.  I expect them to at least double between now and the auction closing

I bet I know what you’re eyeing!

9 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

For the OA I am watching, prices are real low.  I expect them to at least double between now and the auction closing

I noticed that as well .  Also as I was checking bids, I noticed the 'reserves' have now appeared, strange how they don't list them at the beginning of the auction 

15 minutes ago, Noob19 said:

Completely agree. Have to think the holiday weekend is affecting things. Hopefully a deal to be had...

I was a bit surprised that they scheduled one of their closes on the comic side for this past Friday of the long weekend. But with the prices being so low, there's bound to be a lot of action come Tuesday night. 

I'm really surprised the Kravens last hunt page is only $10,500 given the last finish at heritage of a similar one and the movie news that just was announced.. 

Edited by Ryanfromottawa

8 hours ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

I was a bit surprised that they scheduled one of their closes on the comic side for this past Friday of the long weekend. But with the prices being so low, there's bound to be a lot of action come Tuesday night. 

I'm really surprised the Kravens last hunt page is only $10,500 given the last finish at heritage of a similar one and the movie news that just was announced.. 

Definitely on the low side; holiday weekend probably affected it. But it could also be the beginning of a price correction to pre-COVID prices. Or, people may also be coming around to the idea, at least in my opinion, that early bidding tends to drive up the final price more than late bidding. So, why give away money?

2 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Definitely on the low side; holiday weekend probably affected it. But it could also be the beginning of a price correction to pre-COVID prices. Or, people may also be coming around to the idea, at least in my opinion, that early bidding tends to drive up the final price more than late bidding. So, why give away money?

There was a lot of last second jumps in bid amounts taking place in 'session 1' on the comic side of their auction last week, many books hit record highs . Probably what will take place with the art. With the current state of the market/ society / current bid prices its tricky to forecast what some of these pieces will go at. 

46 minutes ago, Dayzen said:

I guess the piece I was watching got pulled from the auction. That sucks for me. 😢

Was it the Darrow? One from Geof I was watching was here yesterday, but gone today.

Pretty lame, CLink. Pretty lame.  

That's the kind of shenanigans we expect from low-rent eBayers.

27 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Stuff I am watching is creeping up in the last few hours but still not at the final price I am expecting.

will be interesting to see where alot of the pages land, and if they jump in the last seconds

Edited by Ryanfromottawa

3 minutes ago, J.Sid said:

Was it the Darrow? One from Geof I was watching was here yesterday, but gone today.

Pretty lame, CLink. Pretty lame.  

That's the kind of shenanigans we expect from low-rent eBayers.

Yup, it’s now in the marketplace section.