• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Issue
1 1

51 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2021 at 1:08 PM, shadroch said:

He is saying you sold a book that had color touch. It's not an attack on you. No one says you did the color touch. It's a return. Treat it as a return, not a personal attack. F.I.D.O. 

The only way the basterds win is if you let them. 

Thanks Mr Ryan...I really never thought about this way before. Was so pissed initially because I never had to do a refund that I was incensed. But after listening to you all I’m OK with it.

Jim

If you really want to go full spite... Get it graded and send him a pic of it with a blue label.  You might be able to sell it for more too, depending on the grade. 

However, I will say that naked eye and especially looking at the inside cover certainly don't guarantee there's no CT. When CT is well done there's no bleed through at all (see acrylics).  I used to paint as a hobby and a couple times I played around with amateur CT on beat up drek books. With the right materials and knowledge it can be pretty undetectable. I once did something pretty ridiculous for a flip (back in my hardcore flipping days) and bought an already purple label Vol 1 X-men #1 and did my own CT on it to make it more presentable (the CT that had been previously done was too much for removal and was pretty obvious and the book still had color breaks) and re-submitted the book and got a higher grade and the CT went from a C to  B on the label and I was able to sell for profit. 

But I digress, my original point was that CT, if done well, can be hard to detect sometimes. 

Best of luck with the book

Nah. The grain of the printing is consistent over all the places he said there was color touch. It isn’t there over the whole cover. Don’t know what he was talking about but there is is no color touch on this book. I looked pretty closely.

Jim

Great news/luck that things ended as well as could be expected - you got the book back in the same condition.  Since you mentioned you were going to relist raw, maybe add something in the description along the lines of:  "While the book is in fantastic condition and is complete (no pages missing or cut-outs), it is being presented for sale 'as is' with no returns" along with the usual lines about asking questions of you or requesting more pictures before bidding if in doubt.  It protects you a bit more since you are stating the "as is" condition which eBay must acknowledge in the text in case some other little Timmy gets buyer's remorse or whatever. 

3 hours ago, SeniorSurfer said:

Great news/luck that things ended as well as could be expected - you got the book back in the same condition.  Since you mentioned you were going to relist raw, maybe add something in the description along the lines of:  "While the book is in fantastic condition and is complete (no pages missing or cut-outs), it is being presented for sale 'as is' with no returns" along with the usual lines about asking questions of you or requesting more pictures before bidding if in doubt.  It protects you a bit more since you are stating the "as is" condition which eBay must acknowledge in the text in case some other little Timmy gets buyer's remorse or whatever. 

Hmmm..I always thought a buyer could return a book regardless if the description states "no return" , "as is" or some other text stating the same when listing on ebay.   I guess not which is really good.

3 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

Hmmm..I always thought a buyer could return a book regardless if the description states "no return" , "as is" or some other text stating the same when listing on ebay.   I guess not which is really good.

If a seller puts “as is” in their description, they certainly won’t be getting my money. 

3 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

only if they are smart. You cannot use buyers remorse if no returns are listed. Returns for "item not as described" will likely go through no matter what you state and are tough to fight but it can be done.

I am using no returns more often lately (as opposed to never previously). If I do an auction of a raw comic (as I did with ST126 recently) I list it with no returns.

I used to think the risk/reward ratio justified not putting 'no returns' in your listing. You know, losing business (which we all know you do when you put 'no returns' in your listing) versus possible bs returns. I'm thinking that ratio is shrinking to the point that putting 'no returns' in your listings might be justified these days.

1 hour ago, Bird said:

only if they are smart. You cannot use buyers remorse if no returns are listed. Returns for "item not as described" will likely go through no matter what you state and are tough to fight but it can be done.

I am using no returns more often lately (as opposed to never previously). If I do an auction of a raw comic (as I did with ST126 recently) I list it with no returns.

Yes, I thought there was "mostly" a way around it if the ebay buyer is  a real jerk and wants to return it.   

9 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

Yes, I thought there was "mostly" a way around it if the ebay buyer is  a real jerk and wants to return it.   

I figure most won’t return books for no reason if they have to pay return shipping.

2 hours ago, Bird said:

It doesn't matter, eBay will approve all returns.  

99% of eBay buyers are great people, so for that 1% that has quote on quote buyers remorse (or other shady motives) just take the return, block the buyer, and relist the book to sell it to someone else.

No joke, 15 minutes ago I just a "Per eBay's policy, this return has been automatically approved and we've asked the buyer to send the item back" so my $300+ funds are on hold in which the eBay buyer is totally cheese balling me with this return which is obviously frustrating, but again its just easier to get the book back in one piece and resell to a normal buyer.  

Edited by NewWorldOrder