• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E Gerber Full Back Flaking
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever noticed flaking from their Full Backs?  I see them at the top of the board where I tape my mylar flap over. Could I be taping the flap over the edge of the board too tight?

20210526_033639.jpg

20210526_033310.jpg

Edited by Jim Stienbarger
Topic title not complete

I stopped taping my books shut quite a few years ago - as long as I fold the flap down and the books are packed in the box properly - it’s just as nice and then I don’t have the tape residue on all of the bags. Might be something to consider. 

On 5/27/2021 at 5:07 PM, Chas-71 said:

I stopped taping my books shut quite a few years ago - as long as I fold the flap down and the books are packed in the box properly - it’s just as nice and then I don’t have the tape residue on all of the bags. Might be something to consider. 

Chas - do you mind sharing your technique for keeping the books tight enough in a short/long box that isn’t full? Say half full boxes? 

On 5/26/2021 at 3:42 AM, Jim Stienbarger said:

Has anyone ever noticed flaking from their Full Backs?  I see them at the top of the board where I tape my mylar flap over. Could I be taping the flap over the edge of the board too tight?

20210526_033639.jpg

20210526_033310.jpg

This is most likely from when they were originally trimmed.  A dull blade will do this.

On 5/27/2021 at 4:34 PM, Jim Stienbarger said:

Thanks. I'll try the no tape. That sounds like a good idea.

These are even better.

https://www.post-it.com/3M/en_US/post-it/products/~/Post-it-Flags-Value-Pack-Blue-1-in-Wide-50-Dispenser-12-Dispensers-Pack/?N=4327+3294529207+3294647230&preselect=5927578+3293786499&rt=rud