In-House Private Signing: Walt & Louise Simonson
1 1

26 posts in this topic

  • Administrator
We’ve got another famous comic book industry power couple coming in for an In-House Private Signing! The amazing and beloved husband and wife comic book duo, Walt & Louise Simonson, will be joining us for a Dual Private Signing! The powerhouse duo have earned a place in the comic book hall of fame, working on some of the biggest titles in the comic world. They will be offering their signatures and Walt will also be offering a limited amount of Remarques for purchase. Click the link below to learn more about this amazing signing!

simonsons__SIGNING_EMAIL3.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

I would like to know if I  could bundle books for Walt with other books which I want graded and pressed but NOT signed by Walt. International shipping is quite expensive and it would not make any sense to send two  separate boxes to CGC. I could send  two different boxes inside a bigger box and write WS all over the single comic which I want Walt to sign. Thanks

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/6/2021 at 4:33 AM, subash said:

I could send  two different boxes inside a bigger box 

 

Seems a good idea.  They're both going to the same place.  Once it gets there they can divert one box one way and one the other.  
Wondering if you ended up doing this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I put in my tracking number V0394879202 it says the package has been delivered to CGC but it has yet to show up in submissions. I hope it doesnt miss Walter Simonson's signing because the Signature Series book is packed inside the carton as its an international shipment. Can anyone from CGC tell me its fine please ?

2021-06-28 11.02.25.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be nice to know if they've done the signing.  The cutoff date was June 30.  For the Miller/Jansen signing, they posted on Twitter.  Do they always do that?  Anyone have info?
Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually Tweeted at Walt Simonson.  He didn't know of any signing scheduled. LOL 

Not too surprising if he has managers/handlers and such making his schedule.  But suffice it so say, as of last week, the signing didn't happen yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Books for the Walt and Louise Simonson signing hit received for me on 7/1.  Boxes had to be labeled WS or LS on all sides to be opened in time for the signing. Otherwise, boxes delivered the week of 6/7 are just being opened this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2021 at 9:04 AM, spideyfan68 said:

CGC posted on their Facebook page yesterday that the signing is done. They have clips of Walt doing remarques. 

Is there a way to see these without Facebook? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm...wondering if anyone who requested pressing from CCS with their submission received their order?  I had pressing selected and it move from there to status of GEI on 9/14 and has been there since.  Seems awfully longer than past signings.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would have liked to have Mrs. Simonson's autograph on my HOS 92 but man. I have read all these threads about CGC's poor customer service and delays. Then to read the Simonson's didn't even have an in house signing scheduled? Pass. Then theoretically wait for 6 months or more to get my book back? Pass. I miss the days where I could go to a signing myself and have some control over the process. Pay Neal Adams his $60 and get a nice signature and a hello.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2021 at 2:07 PM, waynemel said:

Hmm...wondering if anyone who requested pressing from CCS with their submission received their order?  I had pressing selected and it move from there to status of GEI on 9/14 and has been there since.  Seems awfully longer than past signings.  

My submission is like yours, I submitted mine for pressing as well.  

Mine went into G.E.I. (Grading/encapsulation,imaging) on 9/23 and like yours has been sitting there since than.

Just out of Curiosity I called C.G.C. last Friday (11/5) and talked to customer service about that.  What they said was my order would ship in "5-7 business days".  At this point that seems very highly unlikely.

I've ordered many Signature services through their program in the past and whenever it went into the the G.E.I. status I could count on at least 2 maybe 3 weeks at the latest to be shipped, now its almost 2 months!  I also have a Roy Thomas signature that's close to the 2 month mark right now that's still in G.E.I. status!!

Just wanted to let you know your not alone!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/13/2021 at 5:18 PM, topedaddy said:

My submission is like yours, I submitted mine for pressing as well.  

Mine went into G.E.I. (Grading/encapsulation,imaging) on 9/23 and like yours has been sitting there since than.

Just out of Curiosity I called C.G.C. last Friday (11/5) and talked to customer service about that.  What they said was my order would ship in "5-7 business days".  At this point that seems very highly unlikely.

I've ordered many Signature services through their program in the past and whenever it went into the the G.E.I. status I could count on at least 2 maybe 3 weeks at the latest to be shipped, now its almost 2 months!  I also have a Roy Thomas signature that's close to the 2 month mark right now that's still in G.E.I. status!!

Just wanted to let you know your not alone!

3 books with just a signature hit G.E.I. on 9/17 and 1 with a sig + Remarque on 9/23... and then nothing. Like the spinning wheel when you're waiting for a page to load. Spinning and spinning and spinning and... And I've seen someone selling a Walt Simonson signature book in the Current sales forum from this signing which makes this doubly frustrating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/15/2021 at 1:53 PM, Susanville said:

3 books with just a signature hit G.E.I. on 9/17 and 1 with a sig + Remarque on 9/23... and then nothing. Like the spinning wheel when you're waiting for a page to load. Spinning and spinning and spinning and... And I've seen someone selling a Walt Simonson signature book in the Current sales forum from this signing which makes this doubly frustrating.

My Simonson  remarque book has been stuck at GEI on 09/21 and no updates . I called a month ago and was told it should be any day still not out of GEI, so I guess technically they aren't wrong. 

My books that just had Walt's signature were sent in a week later and were shipped back to me on Sept 20.

Edited by spideyfan68
minor edit of sentence
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/13/2021 at 8:18 PM, topedaddy said:

My submission is like yours, I submitted mine

for pressing as well.  

Mine went into G.E.I. (Grading/encapsulation,imaging) on 9/23 and like yours has been sitting there since than.

Just out of Curiosity I called C.G.C. last Friday (11/5) and talked to customer service about that.  What they said was my order would ship in "5-7 business days".  At this point that seems very highly unlikely.

I've ordered many Signature services through their program in the past and whenever it went into the the G.E.I. status I could count on at least 2 maybe 3 weeks at the latest to be shipped, now its almost 2 months!  I also have a Roy Thomas signature that's close to the 2 month mark right now that's still in G.E.I. status!!

Just wanted to let you know your not alone!

Just wanted to give you a quick update on my order.

On Tuesday 11/16 moved from G.E.I. (Grading/encapsulation/imaging) to Grading/ Quality Control.  Than on Wednesday 11/17 I got a shipping notice that its on its way.

Just wanted to let everyone know, I hope everyone's order comes back to them very soon!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2021 at 12:08 PM, topedaddy said:

Just wanted to give you a quick update on my order.

On Tuesday 11/16 moved from G.E.I. (Grading/encapsulation/imaging) to Grading/ Quality Control.  Than on Wednesday 11/17 I got a shipping notice that its on its way.

Just wanted to let everyone know, I hope everyone's order comes back to them very soon!

 

So CGC is running about 3 weeks behind on the in-house signings (14 business days in your case). That seems within reason to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1