• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - ASM #316
1 1

7 posts in this topic

playing with the comics a bit today, still trying to get a handle on Pressing or not, and new grading system.  So i grabbed 3 that i think i should slab (2 of them are for me, not sure about the third).. I love this cover, sorry no interior shots i've never opened this copy, but very curious how newer comics are looked at and graded.. ok, here's the stupid newbie question, are the grading standards stricter with newer comics?? ie, would damage on a 1990 comic be the same deduction as the same damage on say a 1965 comic??  told you it was a stupid question....

asm 1.jpg

ASM 2.jpg

ASM 3.jpg

ASM 4.jpg

ASM 5.jpg

ASM 6.jpg

I’m saying 9.6

looks like a tiny bit of blunting at top right corner. Very very small but may be enough to stop the 9.8. 

Amazing book and my favourite Mcfarlane cover. Better condition than mine also ! 

Give it a press on the bottom right corner, FC.  9.6/9.8.  Hopefully the pages are OW/W at a minimum...

These days, who knows what a CGC grader will do.  Everything is so out-of-wack. doh!  You could have a 9.8 book, but it may come back a 9.6. (shrug)

Edited by Galen130