• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay: communication buyer/seller

10 posts in this topic

It depends. Some large comic dealers do not have the time to respond individually. I personally have found that if comms is individualised to me that I am more likely to be a repeat buyer.

Definitely. I like dealing with the personal collector rather than a "busy" dealer. It ararely happens, but sometimes bad things do happen and if the seller has zero communication...you are SOL.

Should one expect a communication (other than an automated response) from the seller after winning and paying for the seller's item? Is my Ebay rookie-dom showing?

Basically it will boil down to individual experience. You WILL find some folks are so busy (or maybe so lazy) they rely on automatons. But what you should do is not so much focus on the quality of the emails (although replies in good time ARE most welcome). Rely ultimately on how well the item matches the description, how quickly it is shipped based on the payment method, how well the item is packaged and what kind of (if any) feedback is left. You may find some sellers who ARE relying on automated responses, but if you get the goods as described, in good time, get feedback and the items are nicely packaged - hey! Add them to your "must buy from" list! grin.gif

(edetid four speling)

Guess you could say I've only been dipping my toe in the Ebay pool, so my experiences with sellers are limited. I did learn from my first ever Ebay purchase (which was a cd) that personal communication isn't always top on the sellers list, and I've been reminded of that from this recent comic purchase. So, I thought I'd gauge some opinion.

Maybe when the seller gets to the point when he/she is so busy selling, making tons of the greenbacks, then they don't have to go gangbusters in the communication department.

I also guess I was hoping to get good feedback on my lightning fast payment. cool.gif

from personal experience, i usually let the automated responses fly as i have a bunch of auctions at once then take a little time off, then a bunch of auctions, etc. usually i get a bunch of payments which i ship asap. I then personally notify winners that item has been shipped via email. then i kind of "prod" the slower payers (not late or anything just a bit slower than the quick ones" with a personal email. then after shipping they get another personal email. then i handle any outstandings (10 days or more). sad as it seems, the slower people pay, the more they hear from me. so if you are not hearing a bunch from your seller, maybe its not all together bad. (looking on bright side)

hope i helped

but if you check my feedback, I put my emphasis on quick shipping. if i can accept money any day of week, i better be willing to go to post office any day. but your post points out something i think EBAY needs to adress.

you have paid. you have done your part. Ebay should now expect a feedback from the seller placed at this point. the current feedback system is a joke as it allows the seller the chance to still give a neg to a buyer who did nothing more than bid high and pay quickly for an item they want. If they are unsatisfied with any part of the rest of the transaction, they are kind of scrued as they have to fear retaliatory feedback from seller if they neg him. needs to be fixed. i am currently in a similar situation. a crappy seller (slow delivery, overgraded book) promised me refund, never came. he told me if i negged him he would "nuke my feedback" oooooohhh how tough. anyhow, keep up the quick pay. some sellers do notice and if you look, some even leave feedback FIRST, before the buyer does!

In my experience, there's only really a need for two emails from buyers and sellers:

1. Here's where to send the money/where should I send the money?, and

2. I sent the book/I sent the money.

Positive feedback is evidence that the book arrived.