• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you trade an ASM 14 CGC 4.5 for an FF48 4.5?
1 1

27 posts in this topic

Without factoring in your collecting focus, I would say that it is slightly easier to obtain a copy of FF #48 than it is an ASM #14. The FF #48 is more common. Case in point, there's 7,162 copies of the FF on the census, compared to 4,216 of the ASM. GPA sales history for a CGC 4.5 favours ASM #14. While it's trending closer now, the ASM #14 has been consistently about double the value of an FF #48 up to 2017.

From a collector's perspective, if you don't collect ASM and do collect FF, then it's a fair trade.

From a value perspective, keep the ASM - it has a higher momentum (with the last sale in that grade at $3,600 versus $3,100 on the FF).

17 minutes ago, Venomous72 said:

Well he said he would buy the ASM 14 for cash, so I may just do that and then I can look for a 48 with a better wrap.

or put the funds toward an FF5 which is what I really want but finding one in the 10k range is really tough

Sure, just do that.  Or just get it,  the wrap isn't that bad if it doesn't bother you.   Some collectors get way too OCD about presentation.  

10 minutes ago, Venomous72 said:

Well he said he would buy the ASM 14 for cash, so I may just do that and then I can look for a 48 with a better wrap.

or put the funds toward an FF5 which is what I really want but finding one in the 10k range is really tough

Seems like the way to go if you're more into FFs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Galactus or Doom make their way into the MCU. Infact it might surprise me if Disney doesn't go with Galactus at some point. You would be kicking yourself at such point if you didn't. Personally I'd go with 48 but if 5 is what you crave then go there. Has FF5 skyrocketed so much that 10k is too cheap in any grade? Really???

8 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

From a personal perspective, I try to avoid fellow collectors with dirty fingernails and gnarly feet.

I was surprised it took this long. Feet looked trimmed, just working outside I assumed.

this is a tight trade so I think it is fair. You got a split on answers too, which is good.

Now put on some shoes.

6 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Seems like the way to go if you're more into FFs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Galactus or Doom make their way into the MCU. Infact it might surprise me if Disney doesn't go with Galactus at some point. You would be kicking yourself at such point if you didn't. Personally I'd go with 48 but if 5 is what you crave then go there. Has FF5 skyrocketed so much that 10k is too cheap in any grade? Really???

The 4.5 I’m looking at is $15k, some 3.0s are closer to 10 but they don’t come up often