• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM UXM 109
3 3

11 posts in this topic

When I was a little kid I thought putting a sticker over the price written on the cover was a good idea doh!

The colour coming off when I removed it probably means it's low grade now. There's probably a way to do it without that happening doh!

Sorry the photo isn't clearer.

Uncanny X-men 109 Front Cover.jpg

You can remove the sticker pretty easily. I have done before but with practice. Going very very slow is important, and also a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol (on a q-tip and gently rubbed over the sticker), has helped me to remove stickers I did not like. Generally though, using a razor or even a good fingernail to gently lift one corner and then sloooooooooooooooooowly (and I mean, I have taken 10 minutes to remove a sticker thats how slow I move) pull it off....it can be done sans colour loss. Interior pages are worse, usually you always lose colour there if removing something like a sticker because of the non-glossy paper. 

Okay;

1.  That front cover picture is awful blurry

2.  The book is still in the bag, which can hide many defects when taking pics

3.  Need a back cover picture at a minimum.  Close up pics of the spine are beneficial for you if you'd like us to estimate a grade

4.  Putting the sticker on the price wasn't a good call, but what's done is done. (shrug)

That's better than I expected. Thanks. I wonder if I'd tried the q tip with rubbing alcohol approach whether I could have removed the sticker without impacting the colour. I'll remember that for next time...