• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Six weeks and counting
1 1

27 posts in this topic

I got the typical response via email saying they are now taking 15-50 days to open submissions. SO I imagine next week it will be 15-60 days..ad so on and so on. Also, the email they sent me said they are posting the dates of the boxes being opened..so I guess they are stuck on April 12th..

Edited by Ed Hanes

With all due respect ... you have been on April 12th for at least 1+ weeks now... my package was also delivered 5/3. Prior to mailing in I called in to ask about modifying the order to fast track some issues as I will be leaving for vacation for a week end of June / beginning on July and I was told just to write it next to the issues on the invoice, which I did ... fast track was 29 days at that time. Here I am over 29 days and my package hasn't even been opened yet. I know you guys are crazy busy but in all fairness I feel a bit cheated in that you raised the rates but we are now getting lesser service in a sense then we were prior to raising the rates... 

I work in IT, I do not think it would be too hard to make some changes to your system to better let folks know where their package is in the process. each step of the way someone could update it....

Search by order number - possible results: 
- Not Received
- Received / Pending Review
- In Process
- Quality Control
- Return Mailed
- Return Delivered

Taken in via post/fexed etc... update status
Package opened... update status
Actually grading of issue started... update status
Received by QC... update status
Package sent... update status
then i would imagine an API that checks tracking numbers could update when it is delivered. 

Again, I don't want to be 'that guy' but when you mail the item with a given expected return date to work around a time when you will be away (29 days +/- 2 weeks for shipping etc...) and that changes to 59 days +/- 2 weeks for shipping etc you can see how this puts you in a crappy spot and why folks could be frustrated. If 59 days is the current time including the delay in opening packages that would give me a return ship date of July 23rd instead of the original anticipated June 11th, and that's IF you opened it today. The reality is based on your current increases and delays I could expect a mid-August is more likely .. ON A FAST TRACK which if I get the original rate is about $50 more (or an additional 25% cost to my order) or under the new rate $75.. mid-August is when I expected to have the non-fast track items but based on what I just said now I can probably expect them mid/late Sept.

I did expect some kind of delay given the recent surge, but I certainly did not expect the times to double inside of 30 days.

Edited by JDubeCT
correcting my math... long day...

41 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Incorrect.

The clock starts the not day your package is received in your account, but delivered at the CGC office.

Meaning if my package was delivered today thats means its 85 business days estimate from USPS tracking saying signed/delivered to shipped back to my house.  Books being "received" at CGC is already a month or so into the clock. Hope that helps!

That does, Thank you very much, I was wondering why 1 book is already sceduled for grading

41 minutes ago, ickwinzs said:

That does, Thank you very much, I was wondering why 1 book is already sceduled for grading

also, if you ordered pressing it wont say scheduled for grading until the press is done..in which case, ..they are marked only received 

23 minutes ago, Ed Hanes said:

also, if you ordered pressing it wont say scheduled for grading until the press is done..in which case, ..they are marked only received 

The one book that is going to grading is a foil cover so it is not going for pressing.

Today marks business day 25 since delivery.

I had an additional thought (and would love someone from cgc to respond to these comments...) - If you have items that are fast tracked you should be able to mark on the box accordingly and when those items are received they should be pooled differently.  Fast tracked items are opened based on a ratio of 2:1 for standard orders. When an item labelled fast track is received it is open, the invoice INSIDE the box is verified (the reason I say this is I chose to fast track some issues prior to mailing but after the order was placed and was told by customer service to just note the invoice which items should be fast tracked) - if no fast track found on invoice then it is put with standard items otherwise it is resealed and goes to the fast track allocation. 

For every 1 package in regular grading 2 are reviewed in fast track. I say this since the hold up really seems to be in large part the review of packages as well as grading. If I understand correctly you already separate items once opened based on fast track, so why not the packages too? This would allow folks who are paying for the faster grading to get the package earlier. Here's the reality ... under the new standards a modern package $22 to grade and take 82 days once received to be received, opened, graded and sent back; if you want to pay $15 more you can get that done in 66 days. Now, let's compare cost:benefiet. Standard grading comes out to about $0.27 a day cost for the customer. If I pay 68% more ($15/$22 = 0.68xxx or 68% rounded) I can get my order 19% faster (66/82 = 0.8048 or 81% rounded)... my cost per day is $0.56 a day. What this means is I am paying over 50% to get the item 20% faster... that really seems unfair. And given the rate increase combined with the removal of discounts for members it becomes even worse. Membership really becomes useful at the Elite tier but again let's break that down. Let's assume the average person sends in $300 a year in grading at normal price if they were Elite prior they would have a $150 credit and 15% off. So if they spent $300 for the tier, $300 in grading ($600) they would see $45 off the grading they spend and would have $150 to spend against that so they would pay $405 a year including membership + grading. Now, they spend $420. And that's not including incraesed fees

Just asking but all of the submissions that you are listing received at CGC mid-April they are saying they are opening now. 

So just wondering have any of your boxes been opened yet? I have one that was received at CGC April 29th.

Now the tracking says they are all there and in their storage area.