• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfairlane signed comics.

17 posts in this topic

You bought a comic book that was probably signed by Todd. Many collectors consider the store stamp to be sufficient proof of the signature’s authenticity.

However, CGC signature series books are books for which CGC witnessed the signing.  They did not witness the signing, so they would never put your book in a signature series slab.  For grading purposes at CGC, it would be treated as a book with a stamp on it and writing on the cover.

Edited by SOTIcollector

10 hours ago, Jack Barron said:

So I just got a Spider-Man #1 torment signed by Todd. It doesn’t have a COA, but it has a red spider stamp on the back. Will CGC accept that for it’s signature series or did I waste my money?

You wasted your money if you bought the book raw thinking CGC would slab it with their signature series label. Only way you can get that label is if CGC witnesses the signature themselves (be it by a witness at a convention or when you send books in for their signing events that they have on site).

11 hours ago, Jack Barron said:

So I just got a Spider-Man #1 torment signed by Todd. It doesn’t have a COA, but it has a red spider stamp on the back. Will CGC accept that for it’s signature series or did I waste my money?

Did you want to own a McFarlane signed comic? If so then you didn't waste your money

Did you want to be able to sell a McFarlane signed comic? 

Well you can   A) sell it raw  or B) use another company which has a sig verification program.   Whether either option will get you more money than whatever you paid is a different question.

Edited by csaag
typo

11 hours ago, Jack Barron said:

No.

13 hours ago, Jack Barron said:

nope, they wont accept it. So if your goal was to use CGC to further the value of this comic by getting it slabbed as signature series (and reach the similar highs on e-bay), then yes you did waste some money.

The “waste” part is pretty subjective, look in your own heart