• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men 1
2 2

21 posts in this topic

Regardless of the final CGC grade call this book deserves a premium for its' dynamic front cover appearance <3 - it has the dark colors with the desirable white background - also the preferable dark green boxes (as opposed to the light green variant more commonly seen). I have seen 7.0s that don't present as nice as this raw copy.  As far as a grade call - overall it has solid structure, looks tight and has a clean appearance.  Looking at the set of accumulative defects, none of which jumps out at you - I see this as a solid lean into 4.5 but with a press a likely 5.0.  Again don't get hung up on the grade - look at how it presents.  The reason why there is often such a wide price range or compression on book prices that sell with some frequency where a 4.0 sells for as much as a 5.5 for some keys - is simply because the winner at auction wanted a beautiful looking copy and didn't care about the technical grade.  You lose sight of the beauty of owning a comic when you get hyper-focused on the grade call.  Like people who get all hung up on owning white pages vs ow/white page - yes its' preference but in the end I find the presentation of a book is often the main selling point down the road not what some anonymous professional graders had printed on the blue label.   My 2 cents.  :preach:

ha.jpg

Edited by Roger66

well, OK, the upper left corner is kind of beaten up down to the somewhat rusty staple. The stain in brown also contains some creasing by  the First issue block. Down by the iceball guy is another set of either crease r a combo of creasing tearing of notable length. In general, the book is nibbled all around, not badly but noticeably. It has an aged look.  It's not good enough for a 7.0 ever in my mind but I think it to be a bit better than ,many 4.5's I've seen. It's a nice book and the owner will be glad to have it.  Still a 5.0

Id say it could be about a 4.5 the stain and the corner area stand out the most but you can see some more creases on it. I do wonder how much a C+P can help out still too. I dont see it being a 7.0 at all tho. But it still looks good IMO and would love to have it in my collection lol.