• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grail obtained!

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of it yet, since I won't actually get the page until next month (when I can manage to finally pay Bechara for it), but I was able to pick up one of my grails.

Considering I am trying to focus my collecting around Captain America, I was torn between two pages that Bechara had from Captain America #100, with art by Kirby. One of the pages was really historical, it was page 2, with Namor coming out from the ocean, yelling at the natives who were worshipping the block of ice where Cap was frozen, and throwing the block into the ocean. However, there was a small tear on the page, and it wasn't quite as clean as the other page. So I ended up picking up page 19, once again from Cap 100 smile.gif It's a page with Black Panther, Cap and Sharon Carter smile.gif A dream come true for a Cap fan. It's also framed already, which means I can go ahead and hang it on the wall the day I pick it up.

I also picked up a Buscema cap page, I should be able to post that page shortly smile.gif

All in all, WW Boston was a great show, Albert Moy had some great pieces, but they were, as usual, way beyond my price range! Bechara had less of a selection, but quite a few really good ones. I am also waiting on a commission piece by Ethan Van Sciver, he was crazy busy during the show so he didn't get to it, but hopefully he'll be able to do it and mail it to me, I would be disappointed if he just gave me my money back frown.gif

It was great to meet with rob_react, nikos61 and rhino_comics at the dinner!

Hey guys!

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of it yet, since I won't actually get the page until next month (when I can manage to finally pay Bechara for it), but I was able to pick up one of my grails.

Considering I am trying to focus my collecting around Captain America, I was torn between two pages that Bechara had from Captain America #100, with art by Kirby. One of the pages was really historical, it was page 2, with Namor coming out from the ocean, yelling at the natives who were worshipping the block of ice where Cap was frozen, and throwing the block into the ocean. However, there was a small tear on the page, and it wasn't quite as clean as the other page. So I ended up picking up page 19, once again from Cap 100 smile.gif It's a page with Black Panther, Cap and Sharon Carter smile.gif A dream come true for a Cap fan. It's also framed already, which means I can go ahead and hang it on the wall the day I pick it up.

I also picked up a Buscema cap page, I should be able to post that page shortly smile.gif

All in all, WW Boston was a great show, Albert Moy had some great pieces, but they were, as usual, way beyond my price range! Bechara had less of a selection, but quite a few really good ones. I am also waiting on a commission piece by Ethan Van Sciver, he was crazy busy during the show so he didn't get to it, but hopefully he'll be able to do it and mail it to me, I would be disappointed if he just gave me my money back frown.gif

It was great to meet with rob_react, nikos61 and rhino_comics at the dinner!

Congrats on your grail. There's often a lot of debate on who the best Kirby inkers were but, for my books, Syd Shores was on a level-pegging with Joe Sinnott for that honour. CAP # 100 is nothing short of sensational!

One of the very best Kirby (Silver Age) Marvel books

Hope you enjoy many years of eye-satisfaction.

Alberto -

Fantastic! I saw all those pages and I think you got the right one. I've been keeping an eye out for Captain America pages and knew you might have your eye on that one. Can't wait to see it in person next time we get together in Boston.

Sorry I didn't see you at the dinner. Just ran out of gas, and had a sick daughter at home.

Best!

Dan

Alberto, congrats on that Cap page!!!! I had a feeling you'd pick it up Sunday. And it was great to have dinner with you, Rob, and Nik.

I think you made the right decision between the two. As a Cap fan, you need a page with Cap on it. And Black Panther and Agent 13 too? BONUS! Factor in that it's a page from a pivotal issue like Cap 100? Get outta here!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Which Buscema page did you get?

Get those pics up as soon as you can!!! thumbsup2.gif