• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this look like an 8.5-9.0?

80 posts in this topic

Thanks nina and darth...I really do appreciate your honest opinions and forhtrightness...

In my defense I will state simply that I try to grade fairly and accuratly based on the book in hand and that the scanner can actually accentuate flaws that are on a book....

I have looked at my books and I will have to honestly agree with the Batman 200 not being in 8.5 condition therefore I will be ending the auction shortly and unless the forum member that I have contacted takes me up on my offer I will re-list the book with the forum consensus grade in the description...

As far as the SS 2...I am sticking with that one.... wink.gif

"I have looked at my books and I will have to honestly agree with the Batman 200 not being in 8.5 condition"

Finally something we can agree on!!! There is hope for you yet, son. What is the grade then?? 7.0-7.5 me thinks.....

"That's cool with me, but if I were you, break out the loaf of Wonder Bread and apply vigorously to back cover "

You should be careful of what you say, knowing Rick, he will take that bread and vigorously apply it to his own back cover.

Hey insufficiently_thoughtful_person....do like the song says "get off of my cloud"....I have no respect for you or any of your musings...

I respect the other members of the board namely darth and nina, of whom are up front with there opinions but are not malicious and conniving such as you are...I don't answer to you and never will...so stop thinking that you had anything to do with my agreement of the book being graded lower than I had initially thought...I questioned myself...and that is the only authority that I answer too...

So in short get lost you puny little person as I have no need of you or your unethical ways...

The only differance ...is that I offer full refunds to unsatisfied customers and clear scans so someone can make there own judgement of whether the grade is correct or not...I also state clearly in my description any and all flaws on the book...

Bottom line....I'm ethical and you're not.....puny boy...

If I did not post a link to your over graded book, It would still be on Ebay as a 9.0, would it not? You only questioned yourself after I questioned YOU......and your welcome.

Making friends everywhere you go, eh Tom?

"The only differance ...is that I offer full refunds to unsatisfied customers and clear scans so someone can make there own judgement of whether the grade is correct or not...I also state clearly in my description any and all flaws on the book...

Bottom line....I'm ethical and you're not.....puny boy..."

Gee, neither in your auction description or on your about me page does it state you offer refunds. Are your potential customers mind readers?? Why are you so angry? I did you a favor by posting a link to your auction. Now you can fix it and not look like a overgrader..... your welcome.

Geez...it seems you are universally disliked...man I'm glad I'm not you...since that would mean I was an unethical, vindictive puny little twirp with no life and who is so full of himself that he thinks he knows that he is right every step of the way....whew...man I'm glad I'm not you....

"Geez...it seems you are universally disliked...man I'm glad I'm not you...since that would mean I was an unethical, vindictive puny little twirp with no life and who is so full of himself that he thinks he knows that he is right every step of the way....whew...man I'm glad I'm not you.... "

Glad you know me so well. Not universally disliked at all. Last night you posted a question that I was more than willing to help you answer, even though you tried to blast me on the Mr Green thread. I let that slide..... but when you replied back to my post as if I had raped your 1st born child, well then that makes you the A #1 [!@#%^&^] on my [!@#%^&^] list. Major is just a clown, and everyone here knows it. A couple of the other insufficiently_thoughtful_persons will just go along with the crowd, because they think it's fun to bash someone on the net. I pointed out that your Bats was SEVERLY overgraded, ....and you knew it was, based on your frantic replys to my posts.

Get over it. You overgraded a book and you were called on it. You lost. Get on with your life..... I will stear clear of trying to help you, and ignore all of your posts (should not be hard since you add no value here). Good luck with your stupid life.

Just to be clear...I overgraded a book and I owned up to it...

The point that you are missing (not surprising due to your unethical ways)....is that you only posted the book because you are vindictive and sought to trounce me on these boards....

Well, puny boy, I appreciate the feedback that these boards provide and I try to adhere to the grading standards that are presented...and when I am found to be flawed in my grading I respect that consensus and will adhere to that...

You had nothing to due with my change of heart...the forum did....the forum community , as a whole, is ethical...you are not....

"You had nothing to due with my change of heart...the forum did....they are ethical...you are not.... "

You had a change of heart because I posted the auction. Just let it die already will you??? Do you really need the last word in every argument??? Did you not understand my last post??? MOVE ON person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point. I'm sure you will post a reply to this, and you can be sure I will not answer. Try not to overgrade anymore, and I will try not to point it out, ok son?