• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did everyone survive the blackout?
13 13

476 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Off Panel said:

Top Five Conspiracy Theories About The Boards Going Down:

5. Kav told the forum software it could do what it wants!

4. System meltdown after Buzzetta created a sales thread and accidentally linked a Nickelback song

3. Re-org assigns server maintenance to the CGC Quality Control department.

2. All of CryptoMillionaire’s posts are just thinly designed scripts for mining Bitcoin.

1. Servers are now housed in Purple-label slabs since being restored.

I was going to do a weekend sales thread but the boards are scheduled for maintenance tomorrow so... I wanted it up for a weekend.  Instead I put it up on Facebook and it sold within 30 minutes.  :banana:

Edited by Buzzetta

19 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I was going to do a weekend sales thread but the boards are scheduled for maintenance tomorrow so... I wanted it up for a weekend.  Instead I put it up on Facebook and it sold within 30 minutes.  :banana:

I was thinking about a CGC slab auction here, in order to 'celebrate' the thread's reopening....it's crashing and there's that update for Sunday that you mentioned.  I don't use Facebook anymore, haven't for over 5 years.  I did try last summer to start another account in order to open a comics market, but they kept asking for some sort of ID...every one of which has sensitive info on it.  So I pulled the plug.  This is the only place I sell comics right now...eBay is a non-factor for me anymore.  So I'll wait for the board gremlins to finish their work, if ever. 

Army of Darkness.gif

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

@Galen130

I found the workaround for Facebook's recent filters and the current selling guidelines.  You know the ones everyone complains about... the ones where you make a post and Facebook then wants to review your listing outside of whether or not the group allows it.  Facebook is pushing people to use its marketplace checkout. 

I simply list the item as a public message in the group.  Make sure you do not list a "$" in the main listing.  Facebook will treat it as a discussion comment.  Then all you have to do is reply with the item and the price. 

When I tried to list something this morning I was immediately taken to a message from Facebook that my post was under review because I had not linked my bank account to FB marketplace and thus could not sell an item.  So I immediately deleted it.  I removed the "$" signs and just put my rules up.  Then I commented with pic of the item and price.   I am not using FB marketplace checkout so it doesn't matter. I only use Paypal.

I sold a certain GI Joe figure for $110 within a half an hour. 

Thanks for that...as long as Facebook requires an ID for me to sign up, I'm not going back.  I don't give private info to just any entity.  Old military habit. (shrug)

16 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

Thanks for that...as long as Facebook requires an ID for me to sign up, I'm not going back.  I don't give private info to just any entity.  Old military habit. (shrug)

I don't know about the initial signup process if that has changed.  I created a facebook account well over ten years ago.   However, I am not linking my banking information to them to back up a service of their's I will not be using. 

Amazon marketplace... I am tempted to cave and provide the license and banking information because I have a sea of (non-comic) books I want to clear out of.  

5 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

Ditto.  Was going to list more modern raws, but I'll wait for this nonsense to stop. doh!

I don't know if these boards are sustainable to be honest but that is the topic of another discussion.

Edited by Buzzetta