• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did everyone survive the blackout?
13 13

476 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yep it was eerie weird to say the least. I'm sure a lot of people put tin foil hats on, would be nice to laugh about it now is all. Imo the best way to put it behind us, but meh

It was odd there was no official announcement though eek

I tried to handle registry business but they didn't want it via email, only through the boards.

At least I got some yard work done, I still have more mowing to do....

It was probably one of their new hires’ first week on the job and well…they screwed up. I doubt there is any grand conspiracy or that it was done with nefarious intentions….

Or, I guess your neighbors really wanted you to get a handle on your lawn and paid CGC to shut the site down for a few days.  

4 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

It was probably one of their new hires’ first week on the job and well…they screwed up. I doubt there is any grand conspiracy or that it was done with nefarious intentions….

Or, I guess your neighbors really wanted you to get a handle on your lawn and paid CGC to shut the site down for a few days.  

Lol close

But my theory was that it was a update malfunction a while back, yet I was curious why then no announcement after it crashed or no planned fix that we expected to take two days?

5 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

But wait, there’s more

988CEE51-C285-42A4-B1B4-3CB8E0D16773.thumb.png.8d2c280244502262d2c6c532e6ac38bd.png

And here it is muchos gracias

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol close

But my theory was that it was a update malfunction a while back, yet I was curious why then no announcement after it crashed or no planned fix that we expected to take two days?

And here it is muchos gracias

D30E8669-B420-43D6-A50F-FEFA6BA0CF1B.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

Please don't bring up TLJ, I think we've been through enough this week! 

When War Stars premiered in 1977 litlle did we know one day luke would be milking a goofy sea cow. :facepalm:

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I called yesterday morning and was told there was a problem and they sent a "ticket" , so I didn't ask the specific question but from what I WAS told I doubt it was planned. I've never seen them take the boards down knowing in advance that they were doing that and not post an announcement in advance, that would be very odd.

We (the volunteer mods) were not told anything in the mod section.

My theory is, the boards got broken and hopefully they are fixed.

Oh and only one person emailed me and asked if they were banned. They might have been one of the top 10  most unlikely persons to be banned in the forum;)

I guess everyone else emailed Hector. 

I got   other inquiries, but those people were not thinking they were banned;)

Edited by skypinkblu
deleted extra word I missed before

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

Oh and only one person emailed me and asked if they were banned. They might have been one of the top 10  most unlikely persons to be banned in the forum;)

I got a other inquiries, but those people were not thinking they were banned;)

tell tale heart :gossip:

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I called yesterday morning and was told there was a problem and they sent a "ticket" , so I didn't ask the specific question but from what I WAS told I doubt it was planned. I've never seen them take the boards down knowing in advance that they were doing that and not post an announcement in advance, that would be very odd.

We (the volunteer mods) were not told anything in the mod section.

My theory is, the boards got broken and hopefully they are fixed.

Well that's good and clarifying, helps us know something after 2 days of just bewilderment and all.

Still, to clarify, I'm not encouraging tin foil hats lol

I'm sure it was a happenstance where it just needed to shut down to prevent further damage, now we can see that they do have a planned fix. Even if they dont say in an announcement those words specifically lol

Common sense dictates but it's good just to here something that is more sound than what was in everyone's mind lately. Just some definitive:)

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I was wondering how many people would panic and wonder if they were banned? :roflmao:

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Lol I didnt have anyone's email, just left in the dark and was scratching my head.

If anyone had told me anything during that time, I would have considered it, not fact, but considered it because I just didnt know  :shy:

3 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

tell tale heart :gossip:

Not this person, lol...calm and sane;)

I didn't say that*I* didn't think I'd been banned;)

Honestly didn't have much of an idea of what was going on, but I got some things I've meant to organize at least half organized;)

Just now, skypinkblu said:

Not this person, lol...calm and sane;)

I didn't say that*I* didn't think I'd been banned;)

Honestly didn't have much of an idea of what was going on, but I got some things I've meant to organize at least half organized;)

I was attending a 12 step program

7 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Well, I didn't email you, I wonder which one of the other 9 it was? :smile::whistle: