• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic four #5 vs Avengers #8
5 5

119 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Difficult,  but Kang has a lot of potential in the MCU if young avengers franchise gets properly made.  Could become an interesting time jumping Loki -like property if  properly made.  A good book to speculate since it's no where near as expensive as FF5.  Also marvel has chosen a great actor.  Makes me wonder if Mr Fantastic will be black. hm

Everything has a lot of potential these days. I remember laughing at The Eternals title thinking how silly it was back in the day and here we are.

IMO, the MCU jumped the shark initially when they pandered to China as a country and made the Mandarin a bumbling fool rather than a villain with Chinese roots to not hurt revenue in China.

Nothing from comics history matters anymore. Great villains and characters become obsolete, terrible villains and characters become popular. The only thing that matters is how MCU decided to film it.

7 hours ago, Krismusic said:

Ahh the classic debate… Rama tut was before avengers 8 to my knowledge and rama tut is kang… do we call it first appearance by proxy? Lol 

Once, ASM 1 was more valuable than AF 15.  It was all about #1s. 

Since the 80s, we've been in "the Age of First Appearances".  Nothing says that can't change or be tweaked, where different versions of the same character (from different timelines, or different points in the same timeline) become more popular/valuable than versions that technically came earlier. 

Heck you can even use Thor and Loki as precedents, considering their earlier appearances in 1950s Venus, or even first fulls vs cameos, and 1st in costume vs 1st civilian identity etc.

47 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I thought Krang was a big ant in Tales to Astonish??  :tonofbricks:

I thought it was this
The Tar-Aiym Krang (Pip & Flinx #1) by Alan Dean Foster

On 6/12/2021 at 3:36 PM, Bo1983 said:

Thoughts on will Avengers 8 the first Kang the Conqueror reach as much value as the first Doctor Doom??

press-x-to-doubt-la-noire.thumb.jpg.4579160eb57f890d3749eba3d50cb0f5.jpg

Fun meme aside, it is highly unlikely.  Even if Kang ever becomes as popular as Doom (demand), it will never be as rare (supply), so FF 5 will always win out.

12 hours ago, Krismusic said:

Ahh the classic debate… Rama tut was before avengers 8 to my knowledge and rama tut is kang… do we call it first appearance by proxy? Lol 

You can,  no one will stop you. Just like I call ASM 299 the first full appearance of Venom. But in the end, none of that matters because the market will settle on what's the key to own for that character and it seems pretty clear for both cases.

20 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

press-x-to-doubt-la-noire.thumb.jpg.4579160eb57f890d3749eba3d50cb0f5.jpg

Fun meme aside, it is highly unlikely.  Even if Kang ever becomes as popular as Doom (demand), it will never be as rare (supply), so FF 5 will always win out.

If u check the CGC submission for both books there almost even on the numbered submitted.I do not no the raw copy numbers there might be more raw of avengers 8?

18 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

You can,  no one will stop you. Just like I call ASM 299 the first full appearance of Venom. But in the end, none of that matters because the market will settle on what's the key to own for that character and it seems pretty clear for both cases.

someimes the market comes to its senses for years Conan 24 was first red sonja now its 23. maybe someday hulk 180 :wishluck:

Just now, kav said:

someimes the market comes to its senses for years Conan 24 was first red sonja now its 23. maybe someday hulk 180 :wishluck:

The crazy thing is it’s true that really is he’s first 181 is the first cover it’s to bad he didn’t have a first appearance with cover🥲

1 minute ago, Bo1983 said:

The crazy thing is it’s true that really is he’s first 181 is the first cover it’s to bad he didn’t have a first appearance with cover🥲

If we go with first cover equals first app then whats the first lois lane?  Thanos?  etc.

33 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I thought it was secret wars #8?