• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature required really??? WTH!!!
2 2

50 posts in this topic

I ALWAYS have FedEX hold my packages at the nearby Walgreen.

I have a good relationship with my mail carrier. He's good about delivering any packages I have coming USPS.

If I have anything coming UPS, it goes to my work. UPS comes daily, and the driver is a collector, so if he sees the word 'comic' anywhere on the package he comes and gets me.

On 6/13/2021 at 1:32 AM, James J Johnson said:

Good. You didn't fall into a trap. I always catch people in double negatives. 

Like in Gangs of New York, when Bill the Butcher says, "Don't you never come in without nothing", which is actually a quadruple negative...

Comedian Kyle Cease on voting for propositions:

"... the way they phrase those things when you get to the voting booth, you don’t know which way you’re voting, cause it’s like, “Should we not eat unbabies not on this not day” and you’re just sitting there like “????”. So you vote no on it and then it’s on the news the next day, “Well, 74% of Americans have decided it’s time to eat babies.”

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

Comedian Kyle Cease on voting for propositions:

"... the way they phrase those things when you get to the voting booth, you don’t know which way you’re voting, cause it’s like, “Should we not eat unbabies not on this not day” and you’re just sitting there like “????”. So you vote no on it and then it’s on the news the next day, “Well, 74% of Americans have decided it’s time to eat babies.”

Or possibly ain't never not eating no babies. How could we know how many % voted for that option unless we never didn't have no recount. And we all know how those sometimes go!! :makepoint:

My last two coming back from CGC via UPS were just left at my front door. Thank goodness I have tracking updates coming via my phone and a Ring doorbell as both were a few thousand in FMV slabs. Never had the problem with FedEx so will be choosing them next time around. 

I received a high value package from a fellow forum member, and a signature was required by UPS.  I missed the first delivery attempt and UPS left a notice.  I took off work early the next day to wait for it.  Around 3PM, I check outside and the package was sitting on the front step.  No knock, no "Hey, it's here", nothing.  Tracking confirmed it was signed by someone (most likely the driver).  It's bad.  FedEx generally waits until I answer the door, or I reroute what I can.  USPS is straight leave it at the door and forge my signature.  

On 6/13/2021 at 12:46 PM, anstettoman said:

Just frustrating where customer service has gone was it always this bad and I just didn’t notice or has a year of zoom meetings and being away from people changed our attitudes on things

It's gold ol' corporations nickeling and diming us.  And it's getting increasingly worse!  IMO, trying to make 1% extra profits at the expense of happy customers is a recipe for disaster in the long term.  Especially considering how much competition there is.  And Yes, FedEx sucks the most! 

I've had so many of the exact same problems with FedEx as you are experiencing!  I truly hope FedEx fails in the long run!  Their customer service is the worst out of all the big shipping companies!

On 6/12/2021 at 8:24 PM, I_Am_Not_A_Cat said:

Haven't signed for a package since cov. Sometimes they bring it to door and ring. Sometimes they just leave it sitting on driveway. I still prefer this over having to track packages down. 

Now what would possess a carrier to hand deliver to a cat? And for what? A paw print signature? Yes, yes.. I know. You are "not a cat". I also know you and the whole crew, and all too well. I have three of you and I'm well aware of the type of feline guile and deception you're all capable of; "I AM NOT A CAT". Good luck selling that to someone else, Felix.. hm 

cat.gif

Edited by James J Johnson

On 6/16/2021 at 9:23 AM, mec3437 said:

I received a high value package from a fellow forum member, and a signature was required by UPS.  I missed the first delivery attempt and UPS left a notice.  I took off work early the next day to wait for it.  Around 3PM, I check outside and the package was sitting on the front step.  No knock, no "Hey, it's here", nothing.  Tracking confirmed it was signed by someone (most likely the driver).  It's bad.  FedEx generally waits until I answer the door, or I reroute what I can.  USPS is straight leave it at the door and forge my signature.  

There is a sure work around for this carrier signed release doorstep drop offs. Get all your mail at a post office box. Without a street delivery option. This will entail anyone sending you a parcel having to do it through USPS, and the parcel never running the risk of a missed delivery, thus signed off on and left unattended on a doorstep, because it never leaves the post office for delivery once received by the post office. The delivery is made by picking it up at the counter and signing for it of a signature is required. Less potential for grief than with street deliveries. 

4 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Now what would possess a carrier to hand deliver to a cat? And for what? A paw print signature? Yes, yes.. I know. You are "not a cat". I also know you and the whole crew, and all too well. I have three of you and I'm well aware of the type of feline guile and deception you're all capable of; "I AM NOT A CAT". Good luck selling that to someone else, Felix.. hm 

cat.gif

No time to respond to this. I have a keyboard to play.