• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attending a Live Heritage Floor Session

17 posts in this topic

I may be in Dallas on the day of Heritage's Signature Session and I'm interested in attending and experiencing their live auction. Has anyone done this before in Dallas? 

First, it seems like the moratorium on floor sessions has been lifted. Am I wrong about that? Second, and most importantly, do I just show up and sign in? Do I need to call in advance? Do I need a ticket or something? I ask this because I've looked at the website and there is no specific information about how to attend a live a session.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Edited by John E.

I just got off the phone with Heritage. And you're right, whom I talked to on the other line was very personable. Anywho, she told me that they are phasing in live floor bidding and it sounded to me like they are still iffy about it (shrug) She submitted a form for me that expresses my interest in attending the floor session and someone will get back to me prior to the session. For what exactly, I don't know. I'll see how this goes.

Man, I hope I'm not the only one there because it's going to be awkward af not raising a paddle the entire time.

19 hours ago, John E. said:

I may be in Dallas on the day of Heritage's Signature Session and I'm interested in attending and experiencing their live auction. Has anyone done this before in Dallas? 

First, it seems like the moratorium on floor sessions has been lifted. Am I wrong about that? Second, and most importantly, do I just show up and sign in? Do I need to call in advance? Do I need a ticket or something? I ask this because I've looked at the website and there is no specific information about how to attend a live a session.

Any guidance is appreciated!

On my bucket list of things to do (thumbsu

4 hours ago, Lobstrosity said:

I attended a live Heritage auction once in Beverly Hills. It was a fun experience - I always enjoy auctions. Interestingly, they had a raffle on the day, for a bottle of Fleetwood Wine, signed by Mick Fleetwood (of Fleetwood mac). So, I filled out my info and dropped it in. Later that afternoon, they announced the results....I was literally the only one who had entered. Cheers!

Was it drinkable?

Well, gentlemen, my plans have been thwarted. Heritage is phasing in floor bidding so there are still Covid precautions, one of those being social distancing. They don't want the venue too crowded, and since I'm not going to be a bidder, well you know. Otherwise, these events are generally open to the public. I've been advised to check back September to see where they are at with protocols for their fall auction. I will say that my experience talking to Heritage about this was positive. They are very professional and personable.