• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Regrets……I’ve had a few
2 2

47 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

um.... err.... that's called regurgitation!!

Clean up on aisle 5! 

Rb08d03aeca311ab4db2f7bf0d04e08de?rik=a0

Wow he was Lucky there was so much to soften his throw back could have been hurt bad,seems like an employée do you think he was fired for that?

1 minute ago, Namtak said:

Wow he was Lucky there was so much to soften his throw back could have been hurt bad,seems like an employée do you think he was fired for that?

lol I'm sure there were some legalities, whether only medical through work or private insurance,

idk ha,

but that's a low blow, he probably had the wind knocked out of him for sure :sumo: 

52 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

um.... err.... that's called regurgitation!!

Clean up on aisle 5! 

Rb08d03aeca311ab4db2f7bf0d04e08de?rik=a0

I've seen this for years and I still don't understand why the blue and pink round toys (styrofoam, I guess) on the top shelf on the right start moving before anything touches that aisle.

1 hour ago, seanfingh said:
1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Around 2012 or so a Boardie pointed me towards a collection he was too lazy to come get.  As a way of thanking him, I hunted down his address and mailed him a WWBN #1 and #32 from the collection, both 7.5 or better. 

Should have just sent him a bottle of Scotch. 

I'm pretty sure he hates Scotch. So you did good.

Was my memory right about the grades?  Around 7.5 on each book? 

15 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I've seen this for years and I still don't understand why the blue and pink round toys (styrofoam, I guess) on the top shelf on the right start moving before anything touches that aisle.

I would say the floor shook, looks like they were about to slide off anyway imo

1 hour ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I sold an ASM 300 9.8 SS Stan Lee 6 years ago for $600 to put towards a home. Guess the rate of return paid out though, house value jumped a few hundred grand.

I sold my 9.6 GSX 1 in 2019 for $4500 to help towards the down payment of the house we were buying at the time.

Fast forward to 2021 - the book has appreciated five or six fold, and the wife is getting the house in the divorce.

@BlowUpTheMoon - I wouldn't mind that scotch :foryou:

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

I sold my 9.6 GSX 1 in 2019 for $4500 to help towards the down payment of the house we were buying at the time.

Fast forward to 2021 - the book has appreciated five or six fold, and the wife is getting the house in the divorce.

:fear:

Yeah, you need a gallon of scotch.

Edited by BigLeagueCHEW

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I'll chip in for that...

losing the wife is one thing...but GsX1 9.6??  why??

Confused Married With Children GIF

I always regret the shots I didn't take. 

Around 2000 when I was 18 or so I had a chance to buy a mid grade JIM83 for $460... But I was 18 so the price tag mine as well have been $10M.  

In 2017, my local shop in Boston bought a huge SA collection and I could have bought a low grade FF1, TOS39 and X1 all for $3k.  

I have countless other examples....  

Ya I want to say while I was in community college I was saving towards the university for when I graduated. 

Lcs got in two different x-men 1 and fantastic four 1' s at different times priced at $2000 a piece during that entire learning period.

I had the money, but it would have paid for an entire semester at a university after scholarships and multiple semesters saved. I chickened out on all of it, and ended up with the experience.....

Bit of regrets? but at the same time I had to prepare for the future.....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I want to say while I was in community college I was saving towards the university for when I graduated. 

Lcs got in two different x-men 1 and fantastic four 1' s at different times priced at $2000 a piece during that entire learning period.

I had the money, but it would have pay for an entire semester at a university after scholarships and multiple semesters saved. I chickened out on all of it, and ended up with the experience.....

Bit of regrets? but at the same time I had to prepare for the future.....

We all make bad decisions..lol

Hamster Regret GIF by BBC Earth

Edited by Funnybooks

1 minute ago, Funnybooks said:

We all make bad decisions..

Hamster Regret GIF by BBC Earth

Well I got two associates degrees instead and a semester at the university, it was enough to keep me in business, so it floated all my boats hm

32 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well I got two associates degrees instead and a semester at the university, it was enough to keep me in business, so it floated all my boats hm

So you did université degrees to be a sailorman?