• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neal Adams turns 80
2 2

57 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kav said:

Kneel Atoms is the best!

Overall that’s considered by many to be Kirby, but Atoms is a popular top 3 choice.

Which isn’t bad.

Edited by Ken Aldred

80 and still doing commissions, pretty darn good!

7 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Wouldn’t even put Kirby in my top 50!

Happy B-day Neal!

Expected, as it’s all subjective, anyway.

I've seen videos of Kneel Atoms drawing and he draws very slow-amazing that he was so perductive.  I can draw circles around the guy, speaking only volumetrically.  

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Overall that’s considered by many to be Kirby, but Atoms is a popular top 3 choice.

Which isn’t bad.

Yep, kirby, atoms, and robbins-the big 3.

Just now, VintageComics said:

He is a fascinating and exciting person to talk to.

Roy, something tell me that you have had the opportunity to talk to Neal Adams and not "Neal Adams" the comic book artist.  What is the difference?  I always feel as if he is playing a character of himself to promote himself.   However when you talk to someone like Larry Hama, the artist and the individual are the same.  Is Neal the way he is in private the way he is in public shows? 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I heard that he charges the stores $50 when he signs his name to the credit card receipts. 

Funny because it's plausible.

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Roy, something tell me that you have had the opportunity to talk to Neal Adams and not "Neal Adams" the comic book artist.  What is the difference?  I always feel as if he is playing a character of himself to promote himself.   However when you talk to someone like Larry Hama, the artist and the individual are the same.  Is Neal the way he is in private the way he is in public shows? 

I bump into him and Marilyn all the time and we are just cordial but a few times when there was nothing going on I just sat at his table and we chatted.

He's still very energetic when he speaks and he likes to talk about his work and history in comics. Often he'll come up with back stories to how or why he did 'this or that'.

I've never been a customer to them so I'm not sure which side of NA I've seen now. lol

33 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

THE REAL SHOW IS OVER HERE FOLKS!!!!!