Private Signing - Jim Lee
2 2

30 posts in this topic

  • Administrator
Hang onto your seats comic fans, because we've got an awesome announcement for you all! CGC will be hosting a Private Signing with the legendary Jim Lee! Lee will be offering signatures, as well as a limited amount of Remarques and amazing sketches. If you're a fan of Lee's iconic style, then you won't want to miss out on this amazing signing opportunity! You have until Friday, July 30 to get in on this one. Click the link below for all the submission details.

JIMLEE__SIGNING_EMAIL1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 11:49 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is anyones Jim Lee books moving?

Or has the signing happened?

Just curious, as the deadline was July 30th

Mine has only been received. I saw turn around time was 6 to 8 weeks for the full treatment. So I think I have another month to go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 1:23 PM, LudaToke said:

Mine has been marked as "received" by CCS.

Mine has too, but I just sent in a Campbell book and it already says "received at CCS"

lol so I'm not sure that means much :shy: other than that is where it'll go after the signing and perhaps the signing takes place at the CCS portion of CGC. Maybe it is just a "designation" assigned

Not much known at this point about any of the signings, I updated the announcement thread on my own of those whose book in deadline has already passed....

But CGC usually sends a detailed email of those that have taken place, I haven't seen it if they have :wishluck: so not recently 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 12:25 PM, Kerdese said:

Mine has only been received. I saw turn around time was 6 to 8 weeks for the full treatment. So I think I have another month to go. 

That’s not the way this works. It’s 6-8 weeks from the signing date, but who knows when the signing date will be (don’t ask the people from the Kevin Eastman signing or you’ll hear 6-8 months).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 7:00 PM, thesink said:

That’s not the way this works. It’s 6-8 weeks from the signing date, but who knows when the signing date will be (don’t ask the people from the Kevin Eastman signing or you’ll hear 6-8 months).

Ah, I thought they had a date already set. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll just stop looking then. Seems to go by faster when I'm not paying attention. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 10:59 PM, Kerdese said:

Ah, I thought they had a date already set. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll just stop looking then. Seems to go by faster when I'm not paying attention. lol

I wish they would give us signing dates, at least just a notification that the signing has occurred, so we all know to start checking to make sure our books are going through. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2021 at 12:25 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@DarthChewie

Is this still happening?

Soon,?

Deadline was July 30th nearly 2 months ago, and not a word ???

 

They could do a better job of communicating, but in some places they’ve said it’s pretty common to be 8-10 weeks after the deadline. Whether that’s the case for any individual signing is of course hard to know....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2021 at 12:32 PM, revat said:

They could do a better job of communicating, but in some places they’ve said it’s pretty common to be 8-10 weeks after the deadline. Whether that’s the case for any individual signing is of course hard to know....

With that being said, if any paying customer was dissatisfied with the level of communication, they should probably call/email to voice said issues.  Maybe if enough people bring it up, improvements can be made

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2021 at 9:51 AM, J RANDALL said:

Any updates on when Jim Lee signing took place?  I heard it was early September, but I was hoping someone could confirm with an exact date.

If it has already taken place, CGC customer service could confirm the exact date, and would be a more reliable source than internet strangers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2021 at 1:06 PM, revat said:

If it has already taken place, CGC customer service could confirm the exact date, and would be a more reliable source than internet strangers.

Well the internet stranger was CGC customer service.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 10/11/2021 at 7:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I still hear rumor that the signing has happened 

Is this true?

I was told about a couple of weeks ago that the CGC employee that told me he had signed it was incorrect and that they don't even have a date for his signing.  I'm not sure if anything changed since that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2