• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody know whatever happen to this guy and his American Comics?

6 posts in this topic

American was an excellent mail order business, and I used to order a fair amount of stuff from them - it was usually books i wanted to speculate on, or hot books that I missed.  They were still around during the crash according to the ads on the comics from that time. (I was out of comics from 1993-1998). My educated guess would be that they got pounded on the early Image books and stuck it out for another couple years through the Valiant crash and the bad girl craze and then folded their tent (or had their tent folded for them by their creditors).

Didn't that guy end up massively defrauding people, or am I thinking of another early online comic retailer? It ended sadly with some DVD sets for some old niche show, like Lost In Space or something. I remember it was supposed to come with a lunchbox.