• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trading my entire collection...where do I list?
2 2

32 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Mdrguy101 said:

I have considered the various suggestions and proposals people here have put forth (getting the comics graded, consigning etc). The main reason I don't want to use a place like mycomicshop or send books out to be graded and or cleaned and pressed is because I am too nervous about the risk of damage/loss during shipping and the difficulty in trying to collect on an insurance claim if something were to go wrong during shipping on books I bought 40 years ago. Anyway, long story short I have zero interest in shipping any books anywhere. I am looking for an in person transaction. I will provide a detailed inventory of my books and a collector with interest can come to my town, inspect everything in person, come up with their valuation and then we can negotiate on a CGC graded comic to trade for the whole collection or cash if they have it. I'd rather deal with a real collector than a consignment site. I just wanted to know where the proper place on this site to list such a proposed transaction would be. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Nothing wrong with any of that.  In that case it may benefit you to reveal your general geographical vicinity.  If you’re in rural Montana there might be a different best options vs Manhattan or Barcelona or Cairo.  The people here may be able to give you some specific tips.

You want the buyer to come to you, inspect the books and transport them home. All at their expense, yes? As well as bring the big book with them so you have zero transportation expenses.  You also expect them to check for restoration and count all the pages of every book. 

I don't think you have bad intentions but this doesn't seem very well thought out. What are the chances a collector is looking for 
DD 1-163 unslabbed and has a spare key to trade? They may list for more, but mid-grade Silver Age Daredevils are slow movers that most dealers already have a surplus of.

2 hours ago, shadroch said:

You want the buyer to come to you, inspect the books and transport them home. All at their expense, yes? As well as bring the big book with them so you have zero transportation expenses.  You also expect them to check for restoration and count all the pages of every book. 

I don't think you have bad intentions but this doesn't seem very well thought out. What are the chances a collector is looking for 
DD 1-163 unslabbed and has a spare key to trade? They may list for more, but mid-grade Silver Age Daredevils are slow movers that most dealers already have a surplus of.

I think it’s all fine as long as he realizes all of this will result in a much much much lower realized price, and might take a lot longer.  If he’s ok with that, then prioritizing in-person business is fine.  

also, the closer the person is to a major metro area the better the chance is of working out

4 hours ago, Mdrguy101 said:

I have considered the various suggestions and proposals people here have put forth (getting the comics graded, consigning etc). The main reason I don't want to use a place like mycomicshop or send books out to be graded and or cleaned and pressed is because I am too nervous about the risk of damage/loss during shipping and the difficulty in trying to collect on an insurance claim if something were to go wrong during shipping on books I bought 40 years ago. Anyway, long story short I have zero interest in shipping any books anywhere. I am looking for an in person transaction. I will provide a detailed inventory of my books and a collector with interest can come to my town, inspect everything in person, come up with their valuation and then we can negotiate on a CGC graded comic to trade for the whole collection or cash if they have it. I'd rather deal with a real collector than a consignment site. I just wanted to know where the proper place on this site to list such a proposed transaction would be. Thanks for the advice everyone.

I can totally appreciate that. 

I would be curious to know where you are. And I think there may be some collectors interested in this. Maybe others think I'm crazy, but it's not like you have 400 modern variants. You've got great runs of highly desirable books. 

Edited by KCOComics

17 hours ago, Mdrguy101 said:

You'll have a hard time trading raw comics for graded comics even up value....

On 6/22/2021 at 5:37 PM, Bird said:

you can do "want to buy" but the rules state you must list a price. So generally people say what you are looking for trade wise and put a ridiculously high BIN to satisfy the rules.

So you have to start somewhere value wise in the trade post and go from there

good luck

"For sale" section for pricing. Nice to see someone helping rather than cutting down new boardies. (thumbsu

On 6/23/2021 at 3:33 PM, shadroch said:

Please see "my mint condition silver surfer #3"