• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men #1C
2 2

14 posts in this topic

I’m pretty confident this is at least a 9.8, but I just need the community back up for reassurance. If this really wasn’t a 9.8 I’d love to know why. Tom Defalco is doing a private signing and grading for about $80 total. Is this worth sending in, would getting his signature as the editor in Chief significantly increase the value? Thanks for your time. Last post for the day.image.thumb.jpg.683302dbc34acb46977e6d8a8cb86afa.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It’s definitely a very tiny imperfection on the bottom left corner of the comic, does that count as color loss? That would probably bump it down to a 9.6 right there then right? Smh. It doesn’t look like color loss to me but I could be wrong. I could post more photos.

11 hours ago, CertifiedSavage said:

It’s definitely a very tiny imperfection on the bottom left corner of the comic, does that count as color loss? That would probably bump it down to a 9.6 right there then right? Smh. It doesn’t look like color loss to me but I could be wrong. I could post more photos.

That alone takes it out of 9.8

• Soft corner at FC LL with some surface color loss. There's a vague outside hope they'd consider this a production defect, but I wouldn't count on it. I bet that's wear, not a bindery tear (the latter are much, much more common on books with thicker covers than I remember this having).
  • Creased corner at FC LR. I'm 75% confident that breaks color from the pictures here. You can actually see that there's a bit of bend to the first few pages from the same trauma. The page bends could be pressed; the color break obviously cannot be.
  • Some other assorted bends. The long one running parallel to the BC spine is the worst offender, and will count more significantly against the grade because of its length. That said, this is likely pressable if you're into that.

My thoughts? 8.5-9.0 as is (I think that long spine bend/non-breaking crease thing will be docked harder than you might expect), 9.2-9.4 if pressed.