• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Image Comics Will Not Work With Warren Ellis Until He Has Made Amends
2 2

80 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Prince Namor said:

Not sure where I can get the numbers on this, but most women, who get involved with adult men do not get caught up in relationships where the man has a revolving door of 12 other relationships at once.

Yeah we get it, you're so above it all.

To use it to take advantage of people for sex? That's the allure of applying personal talent?

That's not true.

7 hours ago, Prince Namor said:

It depends on what happens with those law suits I suppose. The NFL will take some type of action if he's guilty - he'll have to make amends, etc.

Was Warren found guilty of something? I missed that if so.

12 minutes ago, snitzer said:

@Prince Namor / why are the rules different for Watson? Should the NFL ban players on accusations alone?

I won't speak for Chuck, but there is a difference in the situations. Ellis is accused of being a manipulative perv, while Watson is being accused of physical sexual assault(s). Ellis has admitted to his behavior in some cases, and Watson is maintaining innocence. Personally, I would not compare the two.

1 hour ago, snitzer said:

@Prince Namor / why are the rules different for Watson?

The rules are different because the terms of employment are different. 

Should the NFL ban players on accusations alone?

Who's getting banned based on accusations? 

Watson is a contracted player in the NFL. For the league to (legally) safely rule on it they have to have substantial proof, either through their own investigation (though that's gotten them into trouble) or through court rulings. Contracts in the NFL all have 'conduct clauses', though they've certainly been challenged. No one's getting banned just because someone made an accusation. Though if enough evidence is presented it can lead to a suspension.

Warren Ellis is a free agent. Image just decided that, as of now, they don't want to do business with him. He wasn't 'banned'. Image even let him know what he needed to do to possibly work together in the future. 

Edited by Prince Namor

18 hours ago, William-James88 said:

What's the argument for how hurt feelings are worse than rape?

You're right. Terribly phrased on my behalf. Thanks for calling it out. 

1 minute ago, snitzer said:

Sounds like Ellis would have been better off staying quiet. 

Maybe he learned from his mistakes and will stop being such a sleaze? If that's the case, then there's nothing wrong with taking responsibility for your actions.

19 hours ago, Qalyar said:

But the industry, in turn, is allowed to declare that people revealed as skeevy,  manipulative jerks ought to have a harder time continuing to publish product.

Who is the "industry" Does it have a spokesperson?

As per Heidi MacDonald about the WE Forum:

" While there was much useful information and intelligent discussion, it was constantly competing with threads full of Ellis-ites posting silly pictures of themselves, such as the above, and the number of exhibitionistic young women who professed themselves surprised at the level of interest in naked pictures of themselves quickly became cloying, then annoying. Frankly, while we admire Warren for his imagination and writing skills, his twin obsessions — TV shows and BME Goth girls posing topless — were often twin distractions from the real business at hands — COMICS! (Plus, those girls who were talking theoretical physics in one post and posing in their underwear in the next"

I don't think any of this was a secret and some of the same people now condemning him were actively participating and moderating his forum. 

20 hours ago, Prince Namor said:

And even quality Warren Ellis non-superhero work (though both The Authority and Planetary were excellent):

image.jpeg

One of the bleakest, most depressing comic stories I’ve ever read.

Oi. Who gave the idea is that grown women are ignorant and dyed in the wool? And what of women who treat men in the same fashion? Why do we not hear more of that? They are not rare. I bet every bloke here may have a story to tell regarding this. I certainly could. It is conveniently deflected away.

It has been my experience that both parties usually know what they are getting into when they are getting into it. It is when one party sees the situation conclude in a fashion that is less than what they would have liked to have seen. It still takes two to tango, eh?

So, if the bloke is a "sleaze", what does that make the lasses who posed naked? And agreed to that behavior? What was their motivation? Common sense says we don't pose naked in front of strangers and yet there they are. It insinuates women are oblivious to the desires of men and are shocked when after posing naked, are brushed aside. This has gone on in the world since mankind discovered cave painting.

I find it unseemly and tasteless for any grown adult to act in that fashion, for nothing good really ever springs from it. To each their own though, yeah? Webcam "models" make bucketfuls of money doing what they do.

Image can do what they like, of course. That is their privilege. But lets not pretend women are woolly white innocents.

On 6/26/2021 at 12:05 AM, kav said:

If youre saying a 55 year old man hitting on young chicks should be considered the same as a 20 year old man, I have to disagree.  
And so would most fathers of young women I suspect.

A friend of mine who is in his later 50's still hooks up with 20/30 somethings.  Believe it or not they hit on him!  He is a good looking guy on the level with Brad Pitt and George Clooney and use to play NCAA Football.  What can I say some guys are lucky like that!xD

Edit: I don't condone any bad behavior of older man and younger women but it is truly amazing watching the younger women drool over him. I am a slightly jealous Haha.

Edited by Xenosmilus

Just now, Xenosmilus said:

A friend of mine who is in his later 50's still hooks up with 20/30 somethings.  Believe it or not they hit on him!  He is a good looking guy on the level with Brad Pitt and George Clooney and use to play NCAA Football.  What can I say some guys are lucky like that!xD

Yes i agree my dad in his 70s women just fell all over him.  Young women.  Even teens in many cases.  Constantly.  He had the kevorka.
Now that I'm old I look like him but-nuthin.  No kevorka.

7 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I've never read it, but I can tell from the cover it's probably not my cuppa.

4 hours ago, Larryw7 said:
11 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I've never read it, but I can tell from the cover it's probably not my cuppa.

I read the wiki plot.
Nope.