• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any member have a famous comic cover and you bought the matching statue?

27 posts in this topic

I'm wondering  if  it's common for comic collectors to move into collecting statues as a way to broadern their collections and complete  the 2D comic cover image with a 3D statue that represnts all its dimensions. Opinions and image.s welcome...

I'm the other way around. I've got the statue and still need the book. Why haven't I got the book? Simple. Because the statue looks nothing like the comic source. lol

My LCS at the time had a guy who'd ordered and flaked on a statue based off the classic Fantastic Four cover 'This Man, This Monster'. He knew I'm a huge FF fan, and was willing to give it to me under cost just to get rid of it. A Kirby FF statue, who could say no to that? Well, it doesn't look like the cover, at all, but it's got a certain charm to it (and did I mention it was cheap?). So out I walked away with this brick of a Thing. 

Here's someone else's blog with photos of the cover and the statue. Please note their photos don't get across the sheer size and weight of this beast, do not be fooled, he's pretty darn massive: http://teddyandtheyeti.blogspot.com/2016/01/art-asylum-marvel-milestones-thing.html?m=1

Thanks for the pics. Dare Devil and Joker were just what I was talking about. I just bought the Sideshow SM and MJ Marquette (statue); as well as the #1 Renew your vows Sig.Series. Campbell variant. Signed by Stan Lee, Spidey (creator) Campbell (cover artist) and Nei (cover colorist). Perfect trifecta for me. Anybody else have or want to make a set too. Please share.

Hey everyone, all these pairings are cool to see. I'm enjoying this ...any more? Maybe both displayed together, you know the way you have them setup. Or do some keep out the statue and store the slabs? Thanks all!

16 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Nice, don't you have the book  too?

I dont have it displayed lol

But the statue is the main attraction, just cause we know what it resembles  :)

I do appreciate the lazy Susan type holders that I see for statues, I'm using one for hulk vs wolverine.

I see the Conan is using one too, for considerable size statues it's a must...

I used to think of it as a luxury but it's needed, to be able to give the idea of such a weight and size to still be light on its feet, for seeing all angles and I'm completely sold on the idea.

I don't know if it's because I never used such a thing to get food from the dinner table or 😂

Or if I just had an idea that they were "fancy", but they really complete the setup. It makes me wish there was a different level one so I didn't keep smaller statues inside a glass case or idk, just made my day when I talked myself into buying a few for extra to be able to buy a decent sized statue on the fly lol